Help me decide...

Started by Jack Nastyface, June 21, 2014, 06:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Nastyface

So I am building some 1/32 scale WWII USMC figures for my nephews, who are 6 and 9 years old, and I notice - horror of horrors - that on one of the figures I accidently glued the ammo pouches on upside down.  Upon seeing, I pursue the only logical course of action I can think of, which is to meticulously cut the pouches off the figure, file down the one or two cut marks that occured as part of this process, then glue the pouches on in their proper position.
I therefore put the question to you, my fellow grogs:  Is this a disease, or just a curse?
Yours in modelling,
Jack Nastyface
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

bbmike

I don't really do miniatures. But by God if I put the warp engines on an Enterprise model upside down I would certainly correct it. I mean, thse are MARINE figures you're talking about here! I was never in the Corps but for the love of Pete, fix them!  ;D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

GDS_Starfury

thats some serious ocd considering those kids are going to destroy them.

I feel where youre at but Ive learned this lesson.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GJK

The head, arms and the M16's will be broken off but the ammo pouches will be on rightside up by GOD!   ;D
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

GDS_Starfury

if I was making them for me I'd correct it.
I built some 4 legged dinosaur with my nephew last year, might have been a Windysaurous, and we put the back legs on the front because we thought it looked funny.  the same model was in the garbage in pieces less then 48 hours later.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Smuckatelli

Quote from: Jack Nastyface on June 21, 2014, 06:51:24 PM
- that on one of the figures I accidently glued the ammo pouches on upside down.

There is always some Smuckatelli that puts his gear on incorrectly......I would have left them as is and tell the kids that it was Smuckatelli

or

Rudy with the rusty rifle in the third rank that didn't get the word...

Staggerwing

Quote from: Smuckatelli on June 30, 2014, 07:57:16 AM

... Rudy with the rusty rifle in the third rank that didn't get the word...

Sounds like some guy who wasn't made hip as to which whore house to avoid while on shore leave.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Smuckatelli

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 30, 2014, 04:58:48 PM
Quote from: Smuckatelli on June 30, 2014, 07:57:16 AM

... Rudy with the rusty rifle in the third rank that didn't get the word...

Sounds like some guy who wasn't made hip as to which whore house to avoid while on shore leave.

No, no, no that isn't Rudy.....that is the third guy on the third sh-tter that didn't get the word.