It's on! Steam Summer Sale 2020

Started by Gusington, June 25, 2020, 12:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

I went on an orgy of buying last night that will leave me embarrassed for a very long time.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on July 09, 2020, 08:01:55 PM
Do tell..

Lets just say I'm waiting on my letter from Gabe Newell telling me how much equity I own in Valve now.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

al_infierno

You got the Vive, didn't you?   :o
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: al_infierno on July 09, 2020, 08:58:11 PM

No.  I'm actually considering the Occulus Quest. 

I'm going to wait till the end of the year to pull the trigger on one of them though.  If I do it'll be via Amazon, I've got a significant amount of credit built up there from unspent holiday money.   I've been breaking $100k in sales for three months going now so I'm going to treat myself very nicely for Christmas.

But, as to things I got last second.  All the Assassins Creed Games that were remaining, The rest of the Wargame series, all the remaining Battletech DLC, a few odds and ends of Arma 3 DLC I was missing, all the Kingdom Come Deliverance DLC, a bunch of stuff for Inquisitor Martyr, Mechanicus....I think that was it.   It was sort of hazy. 

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Gusington

Now don't get silly. Winning in this case is not quite winning in the usual sense.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on July 10, 2020, 07:02:03 PM
Now don't get silly. Winning in this case is not quite winning in the usual sense.

Oh, I know.  I win the game of spending too much on the sales and building up a library of stuff that will have less than 30 minutes of play time. 

I also win at being a boastful git.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

IICptMillerII

I was hoping to pick up a few things during this years summer sale, especially with all the added stress due to the state of things right now out in the world, but I just could not pull the trigger on anything. Most of the games that I really want to get haven't been released yet, such as Sea Power, and most of the games on my wishlist are either situational, or I put them on there thinking they could be interesting. Apparently not interesting enough, because despite going through my wishlist a number of times I never ended up getting any of it. Oh well, I guess there is always next year.

Hope everyone else had more luck than me this year and are enjoying their new purchases!

Father Ted

Quote from: IICptMillerII on July 11, 2020, 02:06:22 AM
...most of the games on my wishlist are either situational, or I put them on there thinking they could be interesting. Apparently not interesting enough, because despite going through my wishlist a number of times I never ended up getting any of it.

Exactly the same here.  Things often sit on my wishlist through several sales - and then I buy something random instead.

Rayfer

Quote from: IICptMillerII on July 11, 2020, 02:06:22 AM
I was hoping to pick up a few things during this years summer sale, especially with all the added stress due to the state of things right now out in the world, but I just could not pull the trigger on anything. Most of the games that I really want to get haven't been released yet, such as Sea Power, and most of the games on my wishlist are either situational, or I put them on there thinking they could be interesting. Apparently not interesting enough, because despite going through my wishlist a number of times I never ended up getting any of it. Oh well, I guess there is always next year.

Hope everyone else had more luck than me this year and are enjoying their new purchases!

I had the same experience with my Steam wishlist and purchased nothing.  So I put my limited gaming dollars into the Tiller sale and am having a blast getting deep into his Napoleonic, ACW and Panzer Battles games. 

airboy

Quote from: SirAndrewD on July 09, 2020, 09:11:37 PM
Quote from: al_infierno on July 09, 2020, 08:58:11 PM

No.  I'm actually considering the Occulus Quest. 

I'm going to wait till the end of the year to pull the trigger on one of them though.  If I do it'll be via Amazon, I've got a significant amount of credit built up there from unspent holiday money.   I've been breaking $100k in sales for three months going now so I'm going to treat myself very nicely for Christmas.

But, as to things I got last second.  All the Assassins Creed Games that were remaining, The rest of the Wargame series, all the remaining Battletech DLC, a few odds and ends of Arma 3 DLC I was missing, all the Kingdom Come Deliverance DLC, a bunch of stuff for Inquisitor Martyr, Mechanicus....I think that was it.   It was sort of hazy.

"It was all sort of hazy."

Sir Andrew - were you drunk Steam Sale buying again? :)