New Feature! Dragon' Up The Past

Started by bayonetbrant, October 27, 2017, 05:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 08, 2017, 06:00:36 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 08, 2017, 05:42:43 PM
Yeah, the wink was supposed to be there the first time. Tone of voice doesn't seem to translate well online. But that's okay, you can hug mirth to make up for it  :)

Sorry for the misunderstanding then  O0  I'm beginning to think you 'mericans don't do friendly hugs  :o or apology hugs......... Or maybe it's just me! If mirth wants a hug from me, he can certainly have one :)

The takeaway here is that Brant is a real sour puss
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Emeraldlis

That's the spirit  :hug: I usually give my friends a hug in person when I see them.... I'm a hugger!!!! Although I draw the line at trees.
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bayonetbrant

#78 today - and a tie-in to today's TV world
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

#78 in the Dragon Up the Past series? You guys are prodigious.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on December 15, 2017, 10:18:11 AM

Channeling your inner Marty?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 15, 2017, 10:21:18 AM
Quote from: mirth on December 15, 2017, 10:18:11 AM

Channeling your inner Marty?

Why do you have to be like that?

bayonetbrant

Emeraldlis

Great show  O0 that was an interesting link between the mind flyer and stranger things season 2. I would not have known that  ??? I also saw the vorpal sword and the bandersnatch mentioned in one of the articles. I know alice in wonderland killed the jabberwocky monster with the vorpal sword... But why is it mentioned in dragon magazine  ???

The artwork on the front cover of this issue, the butterfly dragon, is my favourite so far. I think the colours in the background being muted, make the stronger colours of the dragon really pop!!! It looks less 2D and more 3D :) and I thought the proportions of the dragon were quite good. I'd definitely have that cover as a poster, or screen saver or something, really like it.

The other one I liked was the dragon and the seagulls :) I've been dive bombed a time or two by those hungry pesky birds  ;D it's funny, because when I was listening to that show, I couldn't help thinking about this video clip......

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

MetalDog

A vorpal sword is one of the magical items a Dungeon Master can put in his campaign for the players to find.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

Emeraldlis

I did not know the vorpal sword could be a part of d&d... Huh!? Mind... Blown  :o

The blade going snicker snack, always makes me snicker  ;D

bayonetbrant

Cyrano

This one cracked me up more than I expected and I picked it out.

And Vorpal swords...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806