Main Menu

FRIDAY Version 7.0

Started by Jarhead0331, September 11, 2020, 06:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

No Man's Sky, Iron Harvest, MSFS2020 and/or DCS, maybe some Crusader Kings 3?

Have a good weekend everybody.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Divinity II Original Sin, Outlast, Warhammer TW. Perhaps starting out with Control and maybe a return to Vampyr.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Outside of the typical yardwork and the reconstruction of a potter's shed I had made for my daughter (recycled windows, some stained glass, etc.) that followed us to the new house, I'm in the mood for something "shooty," so it's back to RO2/RS2 for me!

Either that, or something involving zombies.

One of the two.  Either way, bodies be droppin', yo.

Enjoy the weekend, folks!

Sir Slash

Making Rome Great Again in Rome 2 TW with the DEI mod. Maybe some Pillars 2 just to kill stuff. Have a great weekend Grogs.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Pete Dero

Crusader Kings II.  I have all the expansions and almost didn't play the game.

I can't justify to myself to get III without spending a bit more time with II.

Yskonyn

Crusader Kings 3, Overwatch, BattleTech (3025 Cmdr Edition mod), MW5 (Reloaded mod + AI and visual fixes) continue my Bannerlord trade endeavors and DCS World.

Have a grand weekend, people.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

CJReich46

CK III (courtesy of Game Pass) - still have to finish my tutorial of conquering Ireland.

Kings and Generals has a series about the Rise of the Kievan Rus, and yesterday's part was Vladimir.  So it inspired me to look at either in CK III or II about the House of Rurik.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

W8taminute

Love System of a Down.  Saw them in concert many years ago and they definitely put on a good show.

As for gaming this weekend:

Heroes & Generals
Dominions 5 PBEM
Maybe dabble or at least play with the pieces a bit with War of the Ring (board game)

Although my wife is a huge Lord of the Rings fan and I could easily trick her into playing the game with me I fear she would bail at first sight of the rules.  To my hardcore wargamer eyes they are not complex at all but to her they would be.  How can I make the ruse last as long as possible before she realizes the game is too hard for her to play?  That is my challenge.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

al_infierno

Wasteland 3, Crusader Kings 3, Dominions 5 MP, and maybe some Iron Harvest if I'm feeling RTS-y.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

MetalDog

Quote from: W8taminute on September 11, 2020, 01:30:27 PM
Love System of a Down.  Saw them in concert many years ago and they definitely put on a good show.

As for gaming this weekend:

Heroes & Generals
Dominions 5 PBEM
Maybe dabble or at least play with the pieces a bit with War of the Ring (board game)

Although my wife is a huge Lord of the Rings fan and I could easily trick her into playing the game with me I fear she would bail at first sight of the rules.  To my hardcore wargamer eyes they are not complex at all but to her they would be.  How can I make the ruse last as long as possible before she realizes the game is too hard for her to play?  That is my challenge.

Note cards.  Make them as simple as possible with the basics of the game.  Play it through once or twice for her to get the hang of it, then, introduce the harder stuff.

For me it will be a boatload of football.  EPL and NFL kick off this weekend.  Maybe dump some money in my Fanduel account and see about winning a few shekels.  Gaming wise, well, I'm sure you could probably repeat it back to me so I won't bother typing it.

Awesome choice, JH!  Happy weekend, Groggies!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Myrmidon

Dominions 5 MP for me as well. 

I got Dwarf Fortress working on Linux, which felt like a milestone, and then I realized the LazyNewbPack(A compilation of mods and tools to enhance the experience) is also available for Linux, so that will be my next goal to get working.   

I do love Linux a lot, but it's amazing how much research I need to do to get stuff to work. 

MengJiao

Quote from: Pete Dero on September 11, 2020, 01:08:17 PM
Crusader Kings II.  I have all the expansions and almost didn't play the game.

I can't justify to myself to get III without spending a bit more time with II.

Same here....BUT I"M GOING EVEN MORE EXTREME and skipping all those CKs and going straight to the Sun King's bitter end in the
Wars of Succession.  Yes, Absolutism starts to die a messy Bourbon death at the beginning of the 18th Century and YOU ARE THERE.

Other than that some boardgames and maybe some CLOD Tobruk and HLL.

Gusington

I almost quit Divinity 2 in a nerdgasm of rage last night but stuck with it, cracked it open and wound up playing for 3+ hours til about midnight. I now love it - haven't had a gaming session that long in years.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Wise advice as usual MD.  Thanks for the tips.  I'll have to give it a try.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MetalDog

O0  My pleasure!  My D&D group came into RPGs and CCGs from Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh and console RPGs.  So, playing something a bit more involved always required note cards or partners between the more experienced/quicker learners.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob