Sword of the Stars 2

Started by Tuna, April 27, 2016, 11:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Ahh. so is that what allows you to 'chat' in game and see friends?

Yskonyn

Yes and as far as SOTS 2 is concerned it makes the game much less stable .
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Sparhawk

I have SOTS II on steam and don't recall crashes. I've played it several times 400 plus turns. Of course graphically its more polished than the original and I love the ships and battles.

Tuna

I turned off the Overlay and did Full Windowed Mode, and was just able to play a few turns without crashes!.. Thanks!  O0

Sparhawk

Ahh, I play in full windowed mode as well, seems to be more stable.

Tuna

Played some more tonight, no crashes! Thanks again!

Boggit

Quote from: Tuna on April 27, 2016, 11:32:11 AM
I have Sword of the Stars original in my Gamersgate library, which I never really tried, is that worth giving a go, or is it too old?
I have it too, but just haven't got around to playing it yet either. :(
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat