NEW Men of War II: Arena = Total War Arena in ww2

Started by Destraex, April 17, 2020, 09:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Just found out about this men of war II spin off. It seems that the business model is like that of total war arena\world of warships\war thunder or any of those other free to play games. This model being one that makes you grind for units or pay money.
I am not sure if their is a tiering system which separates certain battalions from each other. However I think it may be fun to play.

I expect the gameplay will be like company of heroes 2 judging by the paratroopers landing in the middle of the battle and the description -  "real-time tactical action (RTT-action) "

What do you think?

https://menofwar2.ru/en/
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

AchillesLastStand

I believe{?} this was formerly known as Soldiers Arena and was on Steam but removed a while back. Really forgot about it.

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Destraex

Total War Arena was an attempt by CA to make a total war game that had a war thunder or world of tanks kind of feel to it. It also had a pricing model similar to world of tanks. Premium units and such to buy instead of grinding.
It was fun while it lasted as each of the 10 people on a team controlled 3 units of their choice and also had 1 commander to choose to lead them. The game was not making enough money even after they cancelled the beta the first time and took a year or so to move over to wargaming.net (world of tanks) with a brand new marketing strategy.

It should be noted that I actually liked the graphics in total war arena where I hate them in everything from total war rome 2 onwards in the normal total war games. They might be simpler but I can make out the units fairly easily without flags.

Looks like it may have resurfaced in China of all places?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"