Dominions 3 MP game [Running]

Started by Yskonyn, February 21, 2013, 06:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 06, 2013, 10:55:47 PM
(But I expect most mplayers want it "off", as it isn't really an in-game information route.)

Yeah, I'd rather it was off.

Yskonyn

Guys I have read up, but have to attend my yearly medical check now . I wil post more later today.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Ubercat

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 06, 2013, 10:45:06 PM
...to which Uber replies...

{waiting for it}

(A mystical sci-fi mummy leading the early Norse frost-giant faction, is a perfect example of this game,  btw. :) )

Rufus the Great will crush them all when he gets around to it. Or he may send a pet to do it for him.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

JasonPratt

^^ I was thinking more along the lines of "ThunderUbercats are go!" as an expected reply to the threat of Mum R'ah. ;)

Ah, well. Agricleo will test the world. Let there be instruction!

(And harems. Combat harems. Maybe. If the world earns them. :) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Martok

Ha, that was a great overview of the players & factions, Jason.  This sounds like it should be fun! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 07, 2013, 09:47:59 AM
^^ I was thinking more along the lines of "ThunderUbercats are go!" as an expected reply to the threat of Mum R'ah. ;)

Ah, well. Agricleo will test the world. Let there be instruction!

(And harems. Combat harems. Maybe. If the world earns them. :) )

There it is!!!

Theres only one name for a mummy in my book and it has to be he of Thundercat legend

If i get chance tonight ill post the first bit of AAR and if that ok Jason ill basically use your faction breakdown as the first post

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JasonPratt

I have no objections at all.

Send 15% of all proceeds to the address at this phone number, 1-900-GIV-ITME.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Note: let us know here if any AARs are open or closed (before finishing) to opponent players. We'll have to operate on good faith if they're closed, of course.

Yskonyn

Jason, thanks for pointing out the discrepancies in the settings. This might have been caused by changing the map. I will recheck all settings before we start.

Great that we are having some AARs later. I think I need to keep notes about my plans, so maybe I will post them as a form of AAR later too.

The docs have considered me fit for duty again, so thats good. I have to kickoff work with a stopover though, so I would like to request holding off starting the game for another 2 days . Then I can go full steam ahead.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 07, 2013, 03:42:24 PM
Jason, thanks for pointing out the discrepancies in the settings. This might have been caused by changing the map. I will recheck all settings before we start.

Great that we are having some AARs later. I think I need to keep notes about my plans, so maybe I will post them as a form of AAR later too.

The docs have considered me fit for duty again, so thats good. I have to kickoff work with a stopover though, so I would like to request holding off starting the game for another 2 days . Then I can go full steam ahead.

health comes fist Yskonyn, then work - boooooo

im sure we'll all be here, waiting with baited breath

Yskonyn

Well my health and work are a mixed affair; I have a check every year because I am a pilot. So if they wouldn't consider me fit, I might not have a job anymore as a result. ;)

undercovergeek

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 07, 2013, 03:52:53 PM
Well my health and work are a mixed affair; I have a check every year because I am a pilot. So if they wouldn't consider me fit, I might not have a job anymore as a result. ;)

awesome - did not know that!!

well get yer ass in gear and get the game started then!

Huws going to be a nervous wreck by the time we kick off

Yskonyn

In two days, children. Have some restraint for God's sake! :D
Great things come to those who wait!

JasonPratt

I think UGeek and Poo will be starting their AARs within the next two days, and if they're open (at least for a while) we'll get some entertainment from that.