Dominions 3 MP game [Running]

Started by Yskonyn, February 21, 2013, 06:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Getting those excuses in early eh, Jason? ;)

To be fair, even with my short time with the game I've noticed that creating a pretender is pretty buggy.  I've learned that the best way to minimise the chance of things going awry is to make the fewest changes possible...i.e. if you change your mind about anything it's best to start over.

undercovergeek

ok - two things, on site with work pc, redownloaded desura nd the game, installed all mods - runs like a dream, all is well BUT.............

does it matter that my pretender is on the home pc version?

EDIT - Yskonyn - i need my pretender file sending back to me!!!!!!!!!!

undercovergeek

that or im doing something wrong - where did you guys save the .trn file to - if i put it in savedgames the game says no game has been created when i click on load game

undercovergeek

Huw the Poo

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 10, 2013, 03:09:36 PM
Glad we could help!

yeah you guys were frikking awesome!!!

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 10, 2013, 01:32:11 PM
What the hell??? The game says I cheated when designing my pretender?!?

That is absolutely not true. I'll have to check how it has reduced power to compensate for the supposed cheat.  ::)

snort, yeah i got that message - youre god was too powerful because you cheated or used a wrong mod?????

tsk, tsk Jason

tsk

tsk

JasonPratt

U'Geek (and anyone else, since he seems to have fixed it),

The .trn file should go in a special folder you create and name in the savegame folder. Don't use spaces in the folder name. Once the folder is in place, Dom3 should recognize the folder; and will recognize the game turn file subsequently.

On the other topic, what hurts is that I took some hefty negatives in order to bump up some other things. Now I'm not receiving those benefits, but I'm still receiving the negatives.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 10, 2013, 03:16:27 PM
U'Geek (and anyone else, since he seems to have fixed it),

The .trn file should go in a special folder you create and name in the savegame folder. Don't use spaces in the folder name. Once the folder is in place, Dom3 should recognize the folder; and will recognize the game turn file subsequently.

On the other topic, what hurts is that I took some hefty negatives in order to bump up some other things. Now I'm not receiving those benefits, but I'm still receiving the negatives.

i see we have 48 hours this time round

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

undercovergeek

Huw the Poo

Turn submitted.  I'm having fun already!

Yskonyn

Just to be sure, we are all ok? We can proceed with the game or do we need a restart?

UG: I am afraid I have no access to any files sent to Llama. So I cannot return your pretender file to you.

A general tip: if you did something wrong with a turn, just send in the revised orders turn in. It will overwrite your old turn on Llama. Perhaps the same works with a pretender.

The message about Jason cheating might be because his mods are not the same as the ones selected in Llama?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

im good - i thought it couldnt find the game because i didnt have the pretender start up file - but i see my pretender in game and hes as kick ass as i remember

JasonPratt

I downloaded and installed all four, and the game shows them installed:

"Conceptual Balance Complete 1.94"
"Community Sprites Update 1.11"
Llama's version of "Streamers and Standards"
and "Upgraded Sprites"

All explicitly enabled, and all were enabled (except maybe "Upgraded Sprites" which I noticed hadn't been enabled yet earlier today before I received first turn) when I created my pretender.

Could be worse, I guess -- poking around for information, I ran into evidence that a major bug for Early Age Arco ramps the upkeep depending on how many other players there are. That hasn't happened (yet).

Looking back, I noticed that I sent a _1.2h pretender, since he was the one I recreated without the password, rather than 0.2h. I can't see why that would make any difference, but...

JasonPratt

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 10, 2013, 04:38:11 PMA general tip: if you did something wrong with a turn, just send in the revised orders turn in. It will overwrite your old turn on Llama. Perhaps the same works with a pretender.

It does; I originally sent my pretender with a password (because I thought that was supposed to be done for PBEM), and then resent without the password.

Okay, wait, I think I might see the problem. I sent the original pretender with a 0.2h name, but sent the replacement as 1.2h (I think). Crap. That might be it, even though the system showed it accepted the pretender with no problem.

(Or did I...? I can't remember clearly. I know because I saved the emails that I sent the 1.2h name pretender, and I know I had made that one to get rid of the password so that wouldn't trip up PBEM, but I don't see evidence I sent the 0.2h pretender first.)