Dominions 3 MP game [Running]

Started by Yskonyn, February 21, 2013, 06:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

never doubted you for a second Jason

although ill be keeping my eye on you in any diplomatic conversations!

JasonPratt

Di.... plo-matic? What's that?

YOU'RE INSULTING MY SANITY, AREN'T YOU!! I AM NOT DI-PLOLAR!!

;D

(Three hours, 8 minutes, plus about another 10 minutes to close up and drive home, another three to get inside, upstairs, boot computer fully... um... Three hours, 4 minutes, plus... )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Huw the Poo

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 12, 2013, 05:30:03 AM
woohoo - its frost giant stomping time!

Sure, I can take five minutes out of my day to stomp all over your frost giants!

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

undercovergeek

turn sent - not the best start up area but itll do, and there is a province 2 away with a crown in again - im heading to the manual

Huw the Poo

Christ.  I'm right next to someone this time, and most of the surrounding provinces suck.

Oh well, turn submitted for what it's worth.  We're only waiting for one more now!  It's so exciting!

Huw the Poo

This is an excellent map by the way - I just wish we'd been a bit more spaced out.

Yskonyn

The map is randomly generated by the game, so that module does a good job. :)
Lesson for next time, though, is to let it make more provinces.
Oh well, a cutthroat game is nice too. Let the diplo flow, yo!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 12, 2013, 04:52:55 PM
Christ.  I'm right next to someone this time, and most of the surrounding provinces suck.

Oh well, turn submitted for what it's worth.  We're only waiting for one more now!  It's so exciting!

is it me? has your moustache gone white?

JasonPratt

Heh, although I was last in for T1, I was first in for T2... ;D

I attribute this to my efficient experience lack of much I can do to win efficient experience at the game.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 12, 2013, 04:52:55 PM

oh i see DAVE!!!!! like that is it?!?!?

was going to do the turn tonight but ive got too much s*** to do in game already!!!

JasonPratt

Incidentally, the Llamaserver says that Turn 2 still must be turned in by 22:03 GMT on Wednesday March 13th.

So don't anyone get caught short!--the timetable hasn't adjusted forward any yet!

undercovergeek

Yeah I think its now 24 hours from when it rolled the turn out! Presumably if we all reply by six am tomorrow that's the new 24 hour starter

Yskonyn

That is the confusing part I tried to explain earlier; The 24 hrs start when Llama pushes the turn out the door. So todays deadline is not the Same as tomorrows deadline.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

Actually, today's deadline is the same as yesterday's deadline!--probably because yesterday's was 48 hours ahead (by Llamaserver default), and turn 2 started more than 24 hours from the original deadline. Thus the new 24 hour deadline would have been within the original 48 hour deadline, in this case.

Or that's my guess. I sent my turn at 5:05 pm Central US standard, which is 6 hours behind Greenwich Mean, thus at 21:05 GMT Tuesday. The system generated our new turns immediately (I received mine one minute later). That should have set the clock for 21:06 GMT Wed; but instead it's (still, isn't it?) set for 22:03 GMT Wed.

Update: never mind, when I checked Llamaserver's current clock, I'm five hours behind. 5pm = 17:00 + 5 hours = 22:00 (plus apparently a slight difference in their system clock's and CServe's.)

I blame daylight savings time...  :P