Dominions 3 MP game [Running]

Started by Yskonyn, February 21, 2013, 06:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

:o :o :o

subterfuge!!!

you shall be viewed with the narrow eyed suspicion with which i look at the ahem...... Arco contestant

JasonPratt

"NOT PARANOID ENOUGH!!" -- Mad-Eye Moody
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Martok

Again, I just have to say that reading this thread is very entertaining.  8) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

Quote from: Martok on March 18, 2013, 05:41:39 AM
Again, I just have to say that reading this thread is very entertaining.  8)

its the hysteria of waiting 3 days for the next turn Martok - its a carefully weaved plot between Jason and Yskonyn

i wouldnt trust them if i were you

Yskonyn

Mwhuhahaha!
Yes, yes! Your mind is mine to devour indeed! :D

Expect the game to continue soon (as in when I figure out how kickstart Llama again)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

Llamaserver is under maintenance at the moment.
There is a problem with it reaching the mailservers.
Games will not host until it gets fixed. Nothing we can do about it.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

I'm going to wait until the game is over before producing an AAR, since Geek is doing one while we play.  I'll be keeping notes throughout though.  In fact, I'm going to do it in a style that I've seen elsewhere, and punctuate my notes with thoughts from after the game is complete - hopefully it will then act as a learning material for someone as well.

Geek, what's the best way of taking screenshots?

undercovergeek

Fraps works for me - free and easy then convert to jpeg and use imageshack - that's my method

What if the maintenance runs passed Wednesday? Can you still adjust the game time?

Huw the Poo

Huh.  I wonder if there's a Linux version of Fraps.

Yskonyn

I would suggest using a little program called Bandicam instead of Fraps.
It does everything Fraps does, but concerning video it makes much smaller files and keep performance unaffected while recording.
No idea wether it would work on Linux, though.

Don't worry, the interval has been changed already. Llama will pause hosting until the issue has been fixed. After that normal interval will continue again.

undercovergeek

any clues on how long - gnashing me teeth and trying to hold off starting an SP!!

Yskonyn

Nope. It's just a message on the game page over at Llama. Nothing further.

JasonPratt

For what it's worth, I finally got the 8th turn sent in. (Had a project I had to complete before I left the office today, ran very late.)

Llama says we're still missing a couple of people, but if the mailout server is down for a few days there's no rush I guess.

Anyone for a game of Solium Infernum?  ;D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 18, 2013, 07:58:51 PM

Anyone for a game of Solium Infernum?  ;D

LOL!

I was just thinking to myself two days ago, "maybe I should bust out Solium Infernum and get acquainted again?"   ;D

Still haven't done it, however.  So .. much.. to.. play.