Dominions 3 MP game [Running]

Started by Yskonyn, February 21, 2013, 06:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 18, 2013, 07:58:51 PM
Anyone for a game of Solium Infernum?  ;D

Ha!  I already tried that last year, and I think only one person showed any interest! :(

undercovergeek

maintenance notice has gone - wooooohooooooo - turn sent in - bring it back on!!!

undercovergeek

FAQ round 2:

so i have a province 2 away from my capital - it has no fort - do i get ANY of its resources and cash or is it just burning away because there is no fort attached there?

Ubercat

You get both. The cash you can spend anywhere. The resources, though, can only be spent in that region for units indigenous to that space.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

undercovergeek

Quote from: Ubercat on March 19, 2013, 10:15:25 AM
You get both. The cash you can spend anywhere. The resources, though, can only be spent in that region for units indigenous to that space.

in which case whats all this tosh about forts providing admin bonuses?

Yskonyn

i think this only applies to adjacent provinces to the fort, not 2 tiles away.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

so i get 45% of everything in the next province along, but 100% of everything in the province 2 away?  ???

JasonPratt

Production is also a factor of unrest in an area, and how the area is being affected locally by scales.

But the point to a fort is that faction specific units (although not capitol specific units) can be made there. So it's important to be able to divert resources from adjacent territories to the fort, since otherwise you're stuck making only what's available locally in the province. Whereas with a fort, I get the benefit of some of the surrounding area production capability to make sceptics.

... ......... not that I'm flooding everyone's area with sceptics.  ;D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 19, 2013, 10:31:36 AM
Quote from: Ubercat on March 19, 2013, 10:15:25 AM

in which case whats all this tosh about forts providing admin bonuses?

You get a small baseline amount even from territories that aren't next to one of your forts (IIRC?) but having one in or adjacent will give it a good boost, of course.  ;)

undercovergeek

so every 2 provinces away from a fort - build another fort

Ubercat

Sure, if you can afford to. You may want to check what's available in each region, though. If you find one with some cool units, such as amazons, you may not want to be sucking alot of the resources out of that space into one or more adjacent forts. Might be better to put one IN that space.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Ubercat

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 19, 2013, 11:37:53 AM
... ......... not that I'm flooding everyone's area with sceptics.  ;D

That's OK. I love skeptics. I happen to be one.

- Thomas Sowell

JasonPratt

Mental note: don't send sceptics to Ubercat...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

Hmpf.. Darn heavy cavalry trampled over my carefully scripted invigorated, awe inspiring, shockwave dealing army! But but but... Thats not fair! My army is lead by a Hero!

*pout*
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."