Dominions 3 MP game [Running]

Started by Yskonyn, February 21, 2013, 06:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 23, 2013, 04:34:52 AM
At least we went down together, Jason! *brofist*

a sorry state of affairs - a classic example of all show and no trousers - you looked all fancy with your castles and chariots but underneath youre just big girlie elves who couldnt hack it

undercovergeek

holy crap i should not have summoned the eater of the dead!!!

JasonPratt

Hm, I'm going to assume from that, that I have sadness and misery waiting for me when I get home this afternoon.

*brofist!*  :'(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 23, 2013, 06:14:50 AM

a sorry state of affairs - a classic example of all show and no trousers - you looked all fancy with your castles and chariots but underneath youre just big girlie elves who couldnt hack it

Are you hearing voices again? Because I seem to recall "showing" only incipient defeat for the past few weeks, starting with "[Niefel] will most likely crush all opposition, figuratively and literally. I'd bet on him, if money was at stake," as part of my description for the game.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 25, 2013, 07:42:37 AM
Hm, I'm going to assume from that, that I have sadness and misery waiting for me when I get home this afternoon.

lol no - hes sat in my province spreading pestulence and disease and wondering what to do with his 500 hit points!!!

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 25, 2013, 07:57:46 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 23, 2013, 06:14:50 AM

Are you hearing voices again? Because I seem to recall "showing" only incipient defeat for the past few weeks, starting with "[Niefel] will most likely crush all opposition, figuratively and literally. I'd bet on him, if money was at stake," as part of my description for the game.

then you could have joined the mighty ermor-niefelheim alliance and ridden to glory

JasonPratt

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 25, 2013, 08:12:54 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 25, 2013, 07:42:37 AM

lol no - hes sat in my province spreading pestulence and disease and wondering what to do with his 500 hit points!!!

....that reply was completely confusing to me, so I'm going to continue assuming I have sadness and misery waiting for me etc., which seems conservatively safer. That way if I'm surprised I can be pleasantly surprised.

Quotethen you could have joined the mighty ermor-niefelheim alliance and ridden to glory

Those who serve the cause of Ragnarok should expect to be satisfied with the wages of Ragnarok.

(Which admittedly appears to be utter victory, soon to be followed by self-destructive nihilation. We all know what happens to Ermor, after all...)

JasonPratt

Hey, my poor little province defense garrison managed to actually kill two of Niefel's invasion troops last turn! You go, guys!!  :D

(I mean that seriously -- I think the best I've ever managed so far was one troop...  :P )

Oh, and welcome to the wages of Ragnarock, Niefelheim.  8)

undercovergeek

Yes round of applause 60 for 2 is your best ratio so far!

Huw the Poo

He's improving!  He'll be an opponent to truly fear in a few dozen games' time!

Yskonyn

Well the skies for Caelum are darkening.
We are truely at our last stand now that Caelum itself is under siege.

I hereby officially surrender to Ermor. Apart from the walls that seperate our forces, we have no way to put up any decent defense, now that Niefel has obliterated the mainstay of our troops.

I will not go AI or anything, so you just have to finish the siege and I will keep on fighting, but it is now a good time to have one of you guys take over the admin function for this game.
Please drop a note if you want to.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 27, 2013, 11:41:19 AM

I hereby officially surrender to Ermor. Apart from the walls that seperate our forces, we have no way to put up any decent defense, now that Niefel has obliterated the mainstay of our troops.

I will not go AI or anything, so you just have to finish the siege and I will keep on fighting, but it is now a good time to have one of you guys take over the admin function for this game.

ummm for what its worth i withdrew from the siege!!!!

Jason actually decimated one of my forces with about 20 mages in communion, the 2 final acts of shame was turning one of my werewolf berserker heroes into a warthog and then killing him with lightening - thus creating a small onfield BBQ and also casting swarm and making me fight thru a horde of dragonflies whilst getting pummelled from above - i almost made it to his back line but my 2 bane lords were so heavy with fatigue i think they fell asleep

Huw the Poo

A noble opponent to the end, mighty Caelum!  Thank you very much for orchestrating my first ever game of Dominions 3 and letting me beat you! ;)

Is it really that bad though?  I notice you suddenly have many more troops at Caelum, and meanwhile my armies are starving to death (and I'm still very much a noob and have a lot to learn about the game).  It has been a hard slog, fighting my way through your accursed lands!  I have healers doing what they can but my troops are quite...ill. :(

Yskonyn

Yes it is that bad. :)
My forces are consisting of mere scholars, some raggedy band of archers and a few leftover mammoths. And they are all scattered.
My economy has been destroyed and I am unable to recruit more than 3 units per turn.
I really see no way to make a stand anymore.
Caelum is done for, so lets get it over with! :)

If Ermor thinks they cannot hold the siege then I am interested to see how this will fare...

It was a pretty fun game no less!!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Ubercat

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 27, 2013, 11:57:31 AM

ummm for what its worth i withdrew from the siege!!!!

Jason actually decimated one of my forces with about 20 mages in communion, the 2 final acts of shame was turning one of my werewolf berserker heroes into a warthog and then killing him with lightening - thus creating a small onfield BBQ and also casting swarm and making me fight thru a horde of dragonflies whilst getting pummelled from above - i almost made it to his back line but my 2 bane lords were so heavy with fatigue i think they fell asleep

My spy watched that battle! It was quite a show and extremely bloody for both sides.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell