Dominions 3 MP game [Running]

Started by Yskonyn, February 21, 2013, 06:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Yeah he's still hanging in there.  Flying units are very good at sieges, whichever side of the wall they're on.  I don't know how long it will take to breach.

By the way, I forgot to offer to admin the game.  Ysk, I've never done it before but I'll take over if you like.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 28, 2013, 01:43:41 PM
Flying units are very good

usually i just flatten them - i havent been impressed so far

Huw the Poo

Heh, yeah, they're bloody awful on the field, but sieges are just a numbers game and they count for a lot more than normal units in those situations.

Vlam

Hello!
I can play turn with the wifi. I'll try to chain two turns with the quickhost option ;)

JasonPratt

^^ This is the Early Age game; I think you meant to post to the Late Age (as well as Middle Age) game. :)

(Ysk should have changed the topic header when we came up with another running game or two. At the time this was the only game, so when he first created the thread there was no reason to distinguish; and I've clicked here before myself thinking it was Middle Age, because when I'm tired "MP" looks like "MA".  :D  :-[ )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

another Acro army mashed into the field - must i unleash such horrors

Huw the Poo

Yskonyn, you were very, very lucky to win that battle!  Dammit!

So much for surrendering by the way! :P

JasonPratt

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 30, 2013, 09:34:14 AM
another Acro army mashed into the field - must i unleash such horrors

Which is funny, because I was trying to spam horror marks on you. For all the fat lot of good that did me -- I didn't see a single horror show up to munch on you at all.

Ysk, all I can do now is speedbump him; I still have some troops, and I can play for a little more time, but I'm out of ideas under the current circumstances. Unless you have some new ideas to try, I'm in favor of tipping the king and trying to evacuate our people through our shared lands. :(

If you're working on a plan, I can hold on maybe three more turns depending on what he does next. Research continues; maybe I'll come up with something useful. But (as Undergeek most likely knows already, and as you'll know from correspondence), my pretender has been feebleminded; and is immobile anyway, so might as well be imprisoned again for all the good she can contribute now (mainly dominion affects). So even if I do research something useful, she wouldn't be able to cast it.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Huw the Poo

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 30, 2013, 06:58:51 PM
Which is funny, because I was trying to spam horror marks on you. For all the fat lot of good that did me -- I didn't see a single horror show up to munch on you at all.

Perhaps I'm wrong but I thought horror marks don't necessarily mean a horror showing up straight away; I thought that it confers a chance of that happening, with the probability increasing over time?

Phobos

From what I understand Horrors tend to attack horror marked units in preference to other units.

I do not know how Horror Attraction works exactly.  From what I have gathered, there is a small chance per turn of attracting a Horror.  I don't think it is cumulative, just iterative probability.

Of course, multiple Horror Marks increase the odds of attracting a Horror.  Horrors also spread Horror Marks with their attacks, so at a certain point a Horror Marked commander will attract more powerful Horrors if they are powerful enough to survive multiple confrontations with these creatures.

Because Horrors can't be controlled, I think the main purpose of spreading Horror Marks is to direct their attacks when they are summoned in battle.

undercovergeek

oooo ill search the ranks and see what anybodys got

my summoned units are doing excellently but its my rank and file that are doing the hard work - go the wolves!!!

undercovergeek

let it be known from this day forward the vile forces of Mictlan unleashed a barbaric attack on the undefended lands of the Ice Giants - retribution will be swift and merciless - on a side note we didnt know jaguar warriors were that puny and useless so this should be hysterical

Huw the Poo

I'll pop over to give you a hand if this goddamn siege ever ends!

This is getting boring now!

undercovergeek

another acro 'army' crushed and a fort taken - i cant see a whole lot of acro forces anywhere - i think its going to be very hastily thrown together armies with some mages who keep trying bless em - but trolls on mooses coming down the flank straight towards them put paid to that!!

need to talk to you about the ummm recent meeting on another map!

Huw the Poo

Oh, was that you?  Don't mind me; just passing through, obliterating everything in sight.  That's what we undead do. :D