Dominions 3 MP game [Running]

Started by Yskonyn, February 21, 2013, 06:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Thanks guys! It was my pleasure!
I hope we keep on playing in the future.

No, I am not AI yet. New turn is now in my inbox, so the red button shall be pressed next.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

I have gone AI.
And so the saga of Caelum ends.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

{bow}{brofist}{bowfist}  :D

Now I can take a few spare troops and invade the territories I was helping protect!  8)

(Note: probably not. I'm only holding on at the moment to test out some things. I can't imagine surviving to endgame.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

Heh it was a fun one and my rather impressive start gave me hope.
Caelum is a hard nation to keep touch during the course of the game, though. Made even harder by getting invaded by Giants! We're tiny, darnit!

undercovergeek

Quote from: Yskonyn on May 03, 2013, 09:16:43 AM
Heh it was a fun one and my rather impressive start gave me hope.
Caelum is a hard nation to keep touch during the course of the game, though. Made even harder by getting invaded by Giants! We're tiny, darnit!

excuse me, I invaded YOU???????

Yskonyn

undercovergeek

JasonPratt

Well... that wasn't what I expected to happen, exactly. But okay. Let's go with that for a while.

Also.... BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAA, THE EATER OF THE DEAD RAN AWAY FROM PROVINCE DEFENSE, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAAHAHA....

Oh well. Although there a couple of other things I want to try, I don't have a clue how to 'get there' to make the experiment, so I'm handing the faction over to the AI this turn. Looking forward to the AAR, U'geek!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

Yeah - do not put him on guard commander and then have the commander go feeble minded at the same time!

How you took the capital I've no idea - tis only temporary

Huw the Poo

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 04, 2013, 01:05:39 AM
Yeah - do not put him on guard commander and then have the commander go feeble minded at the same time!

I really struggle with the battle mechanics sometimes.  I had a fight with one of Ysk's armies a few turns back that I really should have won but didn't.  He attacked me with a few infantry and some mammoths.  I only had local units, however half of them were armed with blowpipes which were successfully keeping the mammoths paralysed and we were slowly killing them.  Their infantry was killing mine but we were also killing theirs at an even pace.  If things had kept going we would've won with about half our forces remaining, but suddenly we broke and fled the battlefield.

I guess that one comes down to having units with low morale, but it really sucked.

Huw the Poo

undercovergeek

lol - whats happened now

and you are nor engaged in the benny hill style antics of chasing mictlan round my territories, losing them 1 turn and taking them back the next - its great fun

Huw the Poo

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 04, 2013, 10:26:47 AM
lol - whats happened now

Storming the castle is just too hard.  Due to the enemy dominion, my troops are half dead by the time they get there, and perform abysmally in battle, being unable to take out units that would have been no problem at all, all else being equal.  The enemy repeatedly casts a spell called Blade Wind which absolutely decimates my troops every turn.  And the enemy dominion also makes for very low morale, ensuring that my squads break very quickly.  I can't see a way of breaking through without gathering up at least 500 troops and sending them in...by which time the strength 900 walls will have been repaired, will have to be broken down again, leaving my new army half dead again.

I despair.  I'll be able to win eventually through sheer force but it will take forever and I don't think I can be bothered.  I'm sorry to say it but I might go AI.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 04, 2013, 12:28:04 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 04, 2013, 10:26:47 AM
lol - whats happened now
I'm sorry to say it but I might go AI.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

ill take the castle - you move east!

Huw the Poo

It's alright, I've calmed down now.  I'll try a different strategy...just need to figure out what.  :-\