Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOS:96B2P

Quote from: Rayfer on November 01, 2020, 06:40:22 AM
MOS....nice screenies but what's the game?

Sorry, I forgot that part.  It's Combat Mission Shock Force 2. 

al_infierno

Posted this in the Unity of Command 2 thread, but I figured it deserves to go here, too. 

A quick little anecdote I wanted to share - I feel it's pretty indicative of how realistically and rationally the AI reacts to your moves.  I call this screenshot: Hungry, Hungry Hans.   :coolsmiley:

In my screenshot, you can see two German infantry units in the top-left who are completely out of supply.  On the previous turn they were cut off from the south 2 Polish divisions (1 mounted, 1 foot) who occupied the 2 highway tiles south of them (now occupied by my own 2 infantry).  With a major river and some swampy terrain to the West, they didn't have enough movement to get back into supply by fleeing that way, so they were effectively stuck in place until someone could rescue them.

I put myself into this predicament because I had them push too far to try and cut off the enemy, and ended up getting cut off themselves.  I lost 1 unit to KIA, as the AI is very good at focusing its attacks on your weak links and putting them out of commission quickly.  None of my other forces were in position to really assist as the bulk of em were thrusting around Lodz.

Not wanting to turn this particular engagement into a slog-fest (the map is quite huge, this screenshot only covers about half my forces), I decided to make a ballsy move.  I took my 2 cut-off & beat-up foot divisions, and I pushed them East, deeper into enemy territory, and edged them against an undefended Polish supply depot at Kutno.  They didn't have enough movement points to actually take it, unfortunately, and I was risking potentially losing both those divisions if the AI managed to keep them trapped AND move someone to defend the supply depot.  However, the plan worked as the 2 Polish units occupying the road quickly fell back to defend the supply depot, leaving open a perfect gap for me to push up my own forces, retake the highway, and open supply lines to my hungry, hungry Hanses in the North.  They had just enough movement points to get themselves back to relative safety.  However, it remains to be seen if the Poles will aggressively push and try and KIA one of my units while they're weakened and low on supplies.  The AI is quite good at that.

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

smittyohio

Every time I see a screenshot of the new UoC, I can't help but remember how the 1st one came with those silly heads for infantry units, and chuckle a bit.

Working with StuGs.  Combat Mission Red Thunder.

-budd-

I have a fondness for the Stug's, the Marders also, those are probably my favorite German AFV's.  On the allied side I'm partial to the M-10 and M5 Stuart. I really need to pick up TFB for all the late war goodies to try out. Every time you post shots i want to go play  :)
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

I am fond of STuGs as well. I even love the acronym. Awesome shots.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Put me down for the Stug Fan Club also. But Jadgpanthers are my true love. And great pics MOS.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

88mmkwk

+1 for JagdPanther fan club....

When I was about 10 years old, my stepdad bought me a 1/25 scale JagdPanther tank model (Tamiya I thing).  I was in heaven and spent many hours building it.  At that age, I was a bit too young to read up on the technical capabilities of the tank.  When I got older and got more into WW2 history, I then realized that the tank model that won my heart was in reality one hell of an engineering design and perhaps a perfect balance of mobility, firepower, and armor protection for a defensive AT role in the WW2 era.

Still in love today...  :smitten:  :D
Gaming Rig:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop w/Pen Support
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz w/16GB RAM
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD
27" Dell S2716DG 144Hz 1440p with GSync at 2560x1440

-----------------------------------
"Still here and alive. On kindlenso thisnwill be short.  Of wtf.
Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces

Gusington

^Are you a tanker in real life?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Our Good Buddy Michael Dorosh did a CMBN scenario with JadgPanthers vs Churchill's I believe. Loved it!  :D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Sir Slash

Rome 2 with the DEI Mod. Mercenary Elephants cost $5700+? Damn! And I thought they worked for...peanuts.  :2funny:

-budd-

The Matrix reveal stream got me in the mood for some Flashpoint Campaigns. Haven't played in a long while, forgot how much fun and different the game is.

Scenario: Eyes, Ears, and Teeth

Briefing

My forces

Enemy Forces

Before my recon choppers went down they revealed the enemy intentions. The main efforts used the 3 roads through the valley toward Kirchhain, with a secondary push up north. I ran two units up north but couldn't get there to blow the bridge before the enemy showed up. I dug two units in urban terrain up north and used arty to keep the enemy at bay. I didn't have anything else to send up there. I setup a cross fire with my meager tank assets with the help of two apache sections to cover Kirchhain. For most of the scenario i controlled all but one VP, but they just kept coming. I eventually gave all but one back, but they payed for them. I blew the 3 most southern bridges. The one one the main highway kind of bottlenecked and traffic jammed the enemy which made it an arty party. The AI built a new bridge and kept pushing. All my forces south of Kirchhain across the river were destroyed.

Results

Quote from: -budd- on December 05, 2020, 04:36:08 PM
The Matrix reveal stream got me in the mood for some Flashpoint Campaigns. Haven't played in a long while, forgot how much fun and different the game is.

Scenario: Eyes, Ears, and Teeth

Briefing

My forces

Enemy Forces

Before my recon choppers went down they revealed the enemy intentions. The main efforts used the 3 roads through the valley toward Kirchhain, with a secondary push up north. I ran two units up north but couldn't get there to blow the bridge before the enemy showed up. I dug two units in urban terrain up north and used arty to keep the enemy at bay. I didn't have anything else to send up there. I setup a cross fire with my meager tank assets with the help of two apache sections to cover Kirchhain. For most of the scenario i controlled all but one VP, but they just kept coming. I eventually gave all but one back, but they payed for them. I blew the 3 most southern bridges. The one one the main highway kind of bottlenecked and traffic jammed the enemy which made it an arty party. The AI built a new bridge and kept pushing. All my forces south of Kirchhain across the river were destroyed.

Results

I've not played this game but your AAR is so interesting I think I'm going to read some reviews and watch a few U-Tubes.  Thanks for posting.

-budd-

Generation Zero, a recent sale purchase.

Main Mission Track: Salthamn
Climbed up on some scaffolding to recon the town for baddies.

Didn't see anything from the scaffolding but spied these through a house window.

I was going to just leave them alone, but they scanned my presence and starting shooting up the house. Had to take them out, turns out there was 3 of them.

Haven't come across one of these yet, gonna need a bigger gun  :knuppel2:

AAAAAA....New enemy, called a seeker.

Turns out these bastards can open doors and look for you in houses. It's facing away, it's about to get a shotgun surprise. Now since i killed it quick don't know yet if they are armed or just called the hunters.

Stats to this point. Picked up another death, got cocky, came across some runners on the road, thought i scoped the situation out enough but missed 2 more runners so instead of two there were four.

al_infierno

Not my screenshot, but too good not to share in this thread.  The game is Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead and this is a giant ant battling a dinosaur.

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao