Star Wars dark forces remastered-Feb 28

Started by Grim.Reaper, February 15, 2024, 05:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Destraex on February 28, 2024, 04:16:09 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 28, 2024, 05:05:01 AM
Quote from: Destraex on February 28, 2024, 04:19:26 AMYeah. I know people who will get it to relive the campaigns. I think it is being sold as a pack with SW Battlegrounds 1 & 2. The peeps I know mainly want the latter. I have really good memories of Dark Forces. The sounds were amazing and it really got the blood pumping. But without modern features I don't think I could do the campaign I already know again. Plus star wars is all but ruined for me now by disney.

Give me more BOLT GUN. :) I think space marine 2 is too high profile to do it proper like.

I haven't read anywhere that Dark Forces Remastered being bundled with the Battlefront Classic games.  There is a release of the classic versions of Battlefront 1 & 2 coming on March 14th.  Guess it's possible at that time maybe they will create some sort of bundles, but don't think that is happening on release of Dark Forces.  Although for the Battlefront Classic collection, they already have packages you can buy and not listed (prior owners do get a discount).

If I had played the original Dark Forces (own it, never played), probably wouldn't buy the remaster myself but since I didn't, personally think the fact the graphics are better for modern computers (certainly still not great) and they included controller support, I think I will get some fun out of it.  Plus, believe they did add a previously unreleased level.  Certainly maintaining my expectations.

Happy enough to trust you on that as my source was simply word of mouth from somebody less reliable.

Don't even have to trust me, release was today without any bundles:)

crowdrake

When this game came out, it shocked how good the stormtroopers models looked, it was after doom. If i remember i was stuck on level 1 or 2 for ages could not find the exit.

Destraex

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 28, 2024, 05:38:17 PM
Quote from: Destraex on February 28, 2024, 04:16:09 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 28, 2024, 05:05:01 AM
Quote from: Destraex on February 28, 2024, 04:19:26 AMYeah. I know people who will get it to relive the campaigns. I think it is being sold as a pack with SW Battlegrounds 1 & 2. The peeps I know mainly want the latter. I have really good memories of Dark Forces. The sounds were amazing and it really got the blood pumping. But without modern features I don't think I could do the campaign I already know again. Plus star wars is all but ruined for me now by disney.

Give me more BOLT GUN. :) I think space marine 2 is too high profile to do it proper like.

I haven't read anywhere that Dark Forces Remastered being bundled with the Battlefront Classic games.  There is a release of the classic versions of Battlefront 1 & 2 coming on March 14th.  Guess it's possible at that time maybe they will create some sort of bundles, but don't think that is happening on release of Dark Forces.  Although for the Battlefront Classic collection, they already have packages you can buy and not listed (prior owners do get a discount).

If I had played the original Dark Forces (own it, never played), probably wouldn't buy the remaster myself but since I didn't, personally think the fact the graphics are better for modern computers (certainly still not great) and they included controller support, I think I will get some fun out of it.  Plus, believe they did add a previously unreleased level.  Certainly maintaining my expectations.

Happy enough to trust you on that as my source was simply word of mouth from somebody less reliable.

Don't even have to trust me, release was today without any bundles:)
Yeah. My relative must have been thinking of the two battlefronts they are remastering being sold together.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"