Second Front (in Development)

Started by Jo B, August 13, 2019, 03:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo B

loosing 'In the Fields' strategicaly

Gusington

^Saw that earlier today, nice. He really likes it!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jo B

for better testing I work on the auto-save-game code.
During testing this situation shows up. American green AI is about to initiat close combat with the german SdKfz 251-1. On board are a Squad half Squad and Leader but the hatch is closed, crew and infantry take cover in the vehicle no body is manning the AAMG. two american crews with leader advanced into the melee while the nearby Squad fails the bravery test and pinns down. Then the two crews with leader killed the SdKfz 251-1 and all infantry on board...

Jo B

these new rail cars have a row house component.
New Oil Cars. Reworked phase sequence top right corner.
Added 'Auto Save Game' every turn.

Zulu1966

:smitten:This thing looks more cool every time you post something.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Jo B

Quote from: Zulu1966 on January 11, 2020, 05:40:24 AM
:smitten:This thing looks more cool every time you post something.

thanks, I am glad you like it  :)

Jo B

the shown situation results in a very bad AI move. Now I can improve the AI and then
test it by loading the situation from save game file. And not need to play through the scenario to a similar situation.

after improvment the AI (two star with squads) moves to a better defending position out of LOS, two hex apart and gained concealment.

Jo B

some of my GIs made it through enemy lines to the German Victory Position. AI send some back to VP,
but not enough forces to defend it. Now need improve AI back up strategy.

WinnipegMedicalMJ

Hi there. I'm the person pestering you about tabulating data for the game from the YouTube channel.

I'm willing and have all the time in the world (medical retirement, dialysis at home).

Spent 30 years gathering data, collating, formatting and presenting it

WMJ

Jo B

after improving the attack tactics AI germans take back the VP faster. I tried to counter attack with
the two star, but failed with causalities. Could recover troops in the woods top right. SNAFU!

meanwhile at the Railwaystation...
(this is about to end our engagement at railways for a while)

top view

Jo B

test improved AI in the 'In the Village' scenario. Kind of besieged situation for the AI.

the Locomotive-Workshop in the Mapeditor. All hex and levels are switched to damaged state.