Whats on your painting table/workbench?

Started by TheCommandTent, July 08, 2012, 09:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubercat

Geeze, watch those glasses! You're likely to scratch them.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

LongBlade

Quote from: Ubercat on September 25, 2012, 04:58:15 PM
Geeze, watch those glasses! You're likely to scratch them.

Thanks. They're cheap magnifiers. Actually more protected than they look but I appreciate the concern.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

I put some camo on the Jagdpanthers. Check them out.

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

Quote from: TheCommandTent on September 25, 2012, 09:57:31 PM
^Those look good.

Thanks. I changed my green mix to something darker. Unfortunately, you'll need to look closely in that low light to distinguish between the green and brown.

LongBlade

The Romulan fleet has entered priming. Expect images soon...

DV8

Do you all realize whatever LB shows you I will be looking down the wrong side of the barrel at?  It's almost like getting a preview of your death.  :P
"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox

LongBlade

Quote from: DV8 on September 26, 2012, 12:00:31 PM
Do you all realize whatever LB shows you I will be looking down the wrong side of the barrel at?  It's almost like getting a preview of your death.  :P

Ha! Considering how many Krauts you've chewed up I really don't feel particularly sorry for you.

W8taminute

Those Jagdpanthers are coming along nicely LB.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

DV8

Quote from: LongBlade on September 26, 2012, 04:43:54 PM
Quote from: DV8 on September 26, 2012, 12:00:31 PM

Ha! Considering how many Krauts you've chewed up I really don't feel particularly sorry for you.

Well played Dieter, well played...
"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox

bob48

Quote from: LongBlade on September 14, 2012, 08:17:03 AM
Quote from: DV8 on September 14, 2012, 05:55:58 AM
Lookin good LB. 

However, I'm somewhat concerned since my Americans will be looking down the wrong end of the barrel at those Jagdpanthers.  :'(

The good news is I have no army list that includes them. Grey Wolf doesn't have specs. I can proxy them for a number of rather unsettling TDs including stuff like the Ferdinand (I think - have to double check) but I've been unable to find the exact tank in my list. However, I did pick up that book with the Devil's Brigade in it. I don't remember seeing the Jagdpanther in it but will double check today when I see you.

I really just bought them because I like the look and wanted them hanging around the house. But I wouldn't cry if I found a list that included them. Heh.

I'm a bit late coming in on this one LB, but if you need any info on actual Jagdpanther units, I have a copy of Nafziger's OoB, and there is a lot of stuff in there I can dig out for you if you want.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

LongBlade

Quote from: bob48 on September 26, 2012, 05:27:54 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on September 14, 2012, 08:17:03 AM
Quote from: DV8 on September 14, 2012, 05:55:58 AM
Lookin good LB. 

However, I'm somewhat concerned since my Americans will be looking down the wrong end of the barrel at those Jagdpanthers.  :'(

The good news is I have no army list that includes them. Grey Wolf doesn't have specs. I can proxy them for a number of rather unsettling TDs including stuff like the Ferdinand (I think - have to double check) but I've been unable to find the exact tank in my list. However, I did pick up that book with the Devil's Brigade in it. I don't remember seeing the Jagdpanther in it but will double check today when I see you.

I really just bought them because I like the look and wanted them hanging around the house. But I wouldn't cry if I found a list that included them. Heh.

I'm a bit late coming in on this one LB, but if you need any info on actual Jagdpanther units, I have a copy of Nafziger's OoB, and there is a lot of stuff in there I can dig out for you if you want.

Wow. Thanks for the offer. LMK what sources you like and I'll see if I can find them on Amazon. Thanks!

bob48

The three volumes by George.F.Nafziger are more-or-less my bibles for German OoB, and all the info is taken from German records. I'm not sure how easy they are to obtain now, and I know I had to search round a fair bit to get my copies, and that was a few years ago.

The German Order of battle - Infantry in WW2
The German Order of battle - Panzers and Artillery in WW2
The German Order of Battle - Waffen SS and Other Units in WW2

These are text only books and are chock full of unit and equipment details, covering just about every known unit, including non Germanic stuff that served (willingly or otherwise).

It also charts organisational changes and brief unit histories. They are worth thier wieght in gold for anyone interested in WW2 German Army OoB's. It also includes details of all the SS stuff, Luftwaffe ground and para formations, including Flak, and even Kriegsmarine arty.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

LongBlade

TheCommandTent

>:(  Grrr.... finished a couple WWII figures up yesterday and decided to spray a coat of matte sealant on them today and they frosted.  Nothing heavy but I can tell.  I checked the weather and not much humidity.  I let the figures and can sit outside for a bit before spray and then shook the heck out of the can.  They looked fine after the spray and even after drying for about 45mins.  But now I come back a couple hours later and they have a light frost.   >:(  The only thing I can think of that I did wrong was spray to heavy of a coat on them... not cool, not cool at all.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."