Fog:Emp multiplayer 2 -- BARBARIANS ARISE (game 2 running)

Started by JasonPratt, September 15, 2019, 02:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Ah, I assumed you'd played a few games of this by now.  This is going to be fun! :D

JasonPratt

"As I approached the dark island of the north, I found it a smoking ruin, slipping into the sea." -- Herodotus (in the new timeline)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

To be fair, I cribbed (the gist of) that quote more from Solon's account of an Egyptian expedition (many generations before Solon visited) out into the Atlantic, south along the African coast, where they passed by an active volcano.

But it seemed apt if Barth and Huw each have no idea what they're doing!  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, where would you like to team up Slash? Speedy needs a teammate in the Caucuses.

Sir Slash

I'm still waiting on a big sale. Or a Senior Citizen Discount. From the way you guys are talking, this game sounds hard to win at. What's the verdict?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Huw the Poo

JasonPratt

Well, I mean, it's a giant grand strategy game like a Total War strategic map, with 70-something factions (plus another several hundred micro-factions for every region).

It isn't as remotely complex as Imperator: Rome, but it's larger and more complex than Aggressors: Ancient Rome. Is it hard to win? -- depends on the faction you choose, just like Total War. For this game, we're all choosing to team up as dirt-poor factions in different areas.

(Also, "winning" in this game can mean earning Legacy, or it can mean a ratio of civilization to decadence, or it can mean wiping out everyone else on the board, all in the same game. Or you can make up your own win condition, like surviving to the end of the game as an ultra-minor.)

Huw the Poo

Obliterating Jason is the best win condition. :)

Barthheart

Tuna

Barthheart

JasonPratt

Past experience suggests Barth should have no fear about his ability to obliterate me.  :hide:

Martok

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 30, 2019, 10:03:08 PM
I'm still waiting on a big sale. Or a Senior Citizen Discount. From the way you guys are talking, this game sounds hard to win at. What's the verdict?
I just bagged the game (along with some DLC) using my anniversary coupon.  Haven't fired it up yet, although I'm thinking it's probably a good time to do so with the recent update. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Sir Slash