Fog:Emp multiplayer 2 -- BARBARIANS ARISE (game 2 running)

Started by JasonPratt, September 15, 2019, 02:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Quote from: Martok on October 01, 2019, 02:41:05 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on September 30, 2019, 10:03:08 PM
I'm still waiting on a big sale. Or a Senior Citizen Discount. From the way you guys are talking, this game sounds hard to win at. What's the verdict?
I just bagged the game (along with some DLC) using my anniversary coupon.  Haven't fired it up yet, although I'm thinking it's probably a good time to do so with the recent update.

There's enough n00bs on board that you should pick a side and jump in!  You only learn by playing  :bd:
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

Quote from: MetalDog on October 01, 2019, 08:04:07 PM
Quote from: Martok on October 01, 2019, 02:41:05 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on September 30, 2019, 10:03:08 PM
I'm still waiting on a big sale. Or a Senior Citizen Discount. From the way you guys are talking, this game sounds hard to win at. What's the verdict?
I just bagged the game (along with some DLC) using my anniversary coupon.  Haven't fired it up yet, although I'm thinking it's probably a good time to do so with the recent update.

There's enough n00bs on board that you should pick a side and jump in!  You only learn by playing  :bd:

:bd:

Martok

Uh, sure.  Which faction options were still available again? 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JasonPratt

Maplist starts here at the British Isles (already spoken for) and around the map roughly clockwise: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=23872.msg654886#msg654886

Speedy still needs a teammate for the Caucuses region; he chose the Alans.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Martok

Hmm...  Put me down for Iberiae.  We'll see how bad a hash I make of those guys.  :P 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JasonPratt

Updated on the first post (and the Caucuses snapshot).

I'm thinking of starting the game next weekend (not this weekend), to give us one more weekend with an offer on the weekend thread.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Barthheart

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 15, 2019, 02:20:58 PM
Since some other people have picked up the game recently (Huw among them), it occurred to me that an interesting multiplayer game might be made of players teaming up to solidify a region and then opposing the Successor states with our Confederation.

Edited to update: interesting bootstrap team choices around the map, start here.

CURRENT TEAMS:

MetalDog and Tuna: MD takes Belgium, Tuna to pick one of the other northwestern continental Celts. Map here for reference.

Huw and Barth: take the Brigand/Brittone back-to-back-bros! (Unsure who's which.) Map here for reference.

Speedy and Martok team in the Caucauses, as the Alans and Iberieae: Map here for reference

Huw is Brits, I'm Brigands.

JasonPratt

"Hudson, sir. He's Hicks." "LOOK INTO MY EYE!"  >:D

Edited to add: dang, just from that, I'm about to go play the Imperial Guard vs the Tyranids in DoW:Ultimate Apocalypse

Barthheart

JasonPratt

Urgh, brutal slugmatch. I quit on the third attempt, getting tired, and it's only 7pm here!

To be fair, it's quite an epic map through a ruined city with only one relic point: me and a fellow Impy Guard in one corner, vs Chaos Marines with a Dark Eldar forward scout base in another corner, vs Demonhunters with an Ultramarine forward base in another corner, plus two bases worth of tyranids in the last corner.

My Karskins managed to get going and kick the Tyranids off the map, and I think Chaos got the SMs/DHs; but I literally wasted something like 20 Leman Russ tanks because I couldn't pay attention enough to manage them properly (on the theory that 20ish Leman Russ tanks didn't need much management. But in the city they do, I guess!)

Barthheart

JasonPratt

I'm holding off until the end; partly so that someone will be available to help any final teamup, and partly because I want to take a stab at Saba again (with or without Qatabia on my side) but this way I can be semi-randomly forced out of my comfort zone.  8)

So no one should regard that preference as binding: if someone wants to take the southern-Arabia team, go for it!

Tuna

Another patch coming out soon to fix what they broke with the last one?

JasonPratt

Yeah I'm hoping that will drop in before our game starts (thus another reason for delaying till next weekend, aside from seeing if any other slots fill out.)

Blucher