Second Front (in Development)

Started by Jo B, August 13, 2019, 03:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

The videos look great!

Out of curiosity, any ETA on when the game will go into early access? 
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Apocalypse 31

This looks good - very simple, it seems.

PLEASE add a Steam workshop so we can share custom content.

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on July 12, 2020, 08:18:49 AM

Again, I ask for you guys to PLEASE consider using the Steam workshop to allow players to easily distribute content.

There's another publisher out there that refuses to utilize the Steam workshop. Instead, they have no distribution method for custom content and force players to use their forums as a means to search for custom content. It is not efficient, specifically when the Steam workshop offers a 1-click subscribe feature and a consolidated location for all custom content.

Vintage Dude

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on July 13, 2020, 07:11:08 AM
Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on July 12, 2020, 08:18:49 AM

Again, I ask for you guys to PLEASE consider using the Steam workshop to allow players to easily distribute content.

There's another publisher out there that refuses to utilize the Steam workshop. Instead, they have no distribution method for custom content and force players to use their forums as a means to search for custom content. It is not efficient, specifically when the Steam workshop offers a 1-click subscribe feature and a consolidated location for all custom content.
+1

Jo B

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on July 13, 2020, 07:11:08 AM

no worrys, it is planed to upload the player content to steam workshop.

Jo B

Firing TMG and AAMG on enemy Infantry in Woods (A) through the burning Wreck (B) and the Tank (C). (Hex (B) is still aquired by the PzKpfw IV. The BMG can not fire)
A Smoke Grenade was just fired on Hex (D) , and fired on (E) in the last turn. (therefore the smoke effect in (E) is now weaker)
Hex (F) shows a burning woods.

Jo B

the StuH 42 L needs to close the Hatch to use the Smoke Dispenser

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

em2nought

I love the way this game "looks"
Stolen elections have consequences.

Jo B

fighting in Buildings is more clear now with a full hex shown for each level hex. Also the Counter flags got an improvment. Now are more sharp and no jittering.

Jo B

during game we now can take a picture for the scenario description

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk