#TBT: Gaming Nostalgia!

Started by bayonetbrant, July 14, 2015, 09:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Damn! I loved Return to Brookmere, too. I had the first six up to Revenge of the Rainbow Dragons but stopped collecting them after that for whatever reason.

Be An Interplanetary Spy was another favorite of mine: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Be_an_Interplanetary_Spy

I usually hated those kinds of puzzles (like Games Magazine used to do), but I loved them in the BaIS series.

WHOA. Holy crap. You can download them for free for e-readers: https://archive.org/details/Be_an_Interplanetary_Spy_01_Find_the_Kirillian

bayonetbrant

I've got a bunch father Endless Quest books that I got for Bayonet Jr when he was in 2nd or 3rd grade.  He never really took to them, but I'm hanging onto them for Bayonette :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

I should pick some up. I think my daughter would dig them.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on March 24, 2016, 09:15:21 PM
I want to believe that is a joke.  Seriously.  Tell me that's a joke.

You can buy one on Craigslist
http://cleveland.craigslist.org/tag/5514545954.html
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Barthheart

Ha! I still have my copy of Air War! Great idea for a game but nearly unplayable.  :idiot2:

And just look at those prices!!!  :o

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on April 07, 2016, 06:20:01 PM
Great idea for a game but nearly unplayable.  :idiot2:

That describes a lot of SPI games.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Barthheart

True but I still liked, and have, Invasion America. First monster I ever bought.... O0

mirth

I want to find a copy of Objective Moscow.

Barthheart

bayonetbrant

plenty more on the front page!

Sir Slash

16K Cassettes? What will they think of next?  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bbmike

Well, don't freak out man, but I heard Seagate is working on a 20MB hard drive!  :o
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Cyrano

I will now strike terror into those who played wargames loaded by cassette tape records.  This horror is far greater than that caused by Pennywise, the demon in "The Exorcist", and Jar-Jar Binks combined.

*C

Good Day,

Jim
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bayonetbrant