Retro Me262 COMPLETE!!!

Started by JudgeDredd, May 02, 2015, 04:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

GDS_Starfury

Good Job!   thats about as good as that kit is going to look.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

BanzaiCat

That's some great work, JD.

Just a question - was there no swastika sticker for the tail? Just curious if they censure those in model kits. It's been a long time since I've put a model together...maybe I should get into it. Like I need another habit, but I do love miniatures and models.

GDS_Starfury

yes they censure it in European kits.  Japanese kits usually have multipart decals to get around it.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

Really good job, JD. Looks great! Makes me want to build something.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Thank you all.

You should JH - it's a very relaxing hobby. I can spend hours on a Saturday or Sunday just piecing bits together, priming, painting.

I started off a couple of years ago with enamels like my dad and brother used to do. We just glued, painted and that was that.

It took me a while but I now do airbrushing and weathering. I've got a huge amount of distance to go - but I'm happy producing what I produce. It doesn't have to be like some of the seemingly professional dioramas I see around. When I first saw those, they were intimidating - but I came to just be happy learning new techniques.

I'm way not good enough to start spending £50+ on a kit - but one day...
Alba gu' brath

mirth

JD, you're skill has improved greatly since just a couple years ago. It's been cool to see the progression. You've been dedicated to your craft.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus