Anthem from Bioware

Started by Gusington, June 10, 2017, 04:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Very short trailer here, with more to be revealed at E3 in the next few days. So far we know there is a giant wall, monsters, a sci-fi theme and power armor.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

HoodedHorseJoe

Will be keeping an eye on this one with interest.

Never played Destiny and I'm not sure I will - mainly because I wouldn't want to play it on my own and my friends probably won't get it at this stage. But this is more The Division than it is Destiny (although The Division was also trying to be 'like' Destiny) and I really enjoyed my time with the Division so this could be cool

Cringe-worthy how staged the gameplay trailer was during the MS conference.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Jarhead0331

Anything with power armor is pretty much an instant buy for me.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Barbie Power Armor vs. My Little Pony Cataphract Builder?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on June 12, 2017, 07:20:04 AM
Barbie Power Armor vs. My Little Pony Cataphract Builder?

Yup.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Cataphracts - everyone loves'em.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Manassassas

I genuinely thought "Anthem from Bioware" meant they had released some sort of company song for a second. Then I realised it's just some new game. Disappointing.

Gusington

I'll have the corporate anthem up in a bit.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on June 12, 2017, 09:02:05 AM

Is it the imperial death match?

After the shitshow Bioware's last two releases have been I cannot say I'm even cautiously optimistic. I'm firmly in the realm of guilty until proven innocent, i.e. Prove to me that you are making a good game not one to sell to the brainwashed masses
Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jamus34 on June 12, 2017, 09:14:57 AM

After the shitshow Bioware's last two releases have been I cannot say I'm even cautiously optimistic. I'm firmly in the realm of guilty until proven innocent, i.e. Prove to me that you are making a good game not one to sell to the brainwashed masses

But...but...its got power armor!?!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

glen55

Quote from: jamus34 on June 12, 2017, 09:14:57 AM

Did you play Andromeda, or just take somebody's word for it? If you played, how much?

IOW, I disagree. See my review at http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=19143.90 (scroll down).

Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

HoodedHorseJoe

People also sometimes forget that Bioware is made up of several studios. AFAIK, Anthem is being made by Bioware Edmonton who are the original Bioware studio and who made the Mass Effect Trilogy and the Dragon Age games.

Bioware Montreal made Mass Effect: Andromeda though, and before that they made the Mass Effect DLCs.

So there's still hope, but The Division encountered a lot of problems trying to do a game almost exactly like this. Hopefully Bioware/EA observed that process and learnt.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Gusington

This is turning into a Total War style, steel cage thread. FIGHT!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd