The Groginati BOARDGAMING Sales Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, December 18, 2012, 07:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

That reminds me I need to get back to putting stickers on my CC:A game.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Bison on May 15, 2013, 06:00:26 PM

You are still not done?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Bison

Quote from: TheCommandTent on May 15, 2013, 07:07:38 PM
Quote from: Bison on May 15, 2013, 06:00:26 PM

You are still not done?

It got put away while I was moving and I'm only now getting around to digging out the board games to sticker and punch counters.

ArizonaTank

If ASL interests you, saw this on BGG today from MMP:

Folks, while clearing some warehouse space, we found a mislabeled box of Armies of Oblivion countersheets which allowed us to build over 100 ziplocked (we're out of boxes, too) copies of the module.

They are $80 each and will go on sale this Saturday morning around 9am EST on the MMP website.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Toonces

I saw on Boardgamegeek that Thoughthammer is having a massive clearance sale on pretty much everything.  Apparently they're going out of business.

The shipping is prohibitive for me, but it's $10 even for you all lucky enough to live on the mainland.

www.thoughthammer.com

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

LongBlade

Quote from: Toonces on June 08, 2013, 10:34:19 PM
I saw on Boardgamegeek that Thoughthammer is having a massive clearance sale on pretty much everything.  Apparently they're going out of business.

The shipping is prohibitive for me, but it's $10 even for you all lucky enough to live on the mainland.

www.thoughthammer.com

That's a shame. I hate seeing businesses close.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: LongBlade on June 09, 2013, 09:20:24 AM
Quote from: Toonces on June 08, 2013, 10:34:19 PM

www.thoughthammer.com

That's a shame. I hate seeing businesses close.

Me too and I always feel like a vulture picking through their discounted items.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Staggerwing

Vultures or not, there are still two Leviathan sets available: British and French. I know that at least some of you are interested in the game.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Arctic Blast

A relatively new Canadian online game store has started up here : http://www.thecultofthenew.com/

Their regular prices are decent, and every day they run a Deal of the Day promo which tends towards the "Holy crap, that's cheap!"

For example, today you can get Mice & Mystics brand new for $41.99.

LongBlade

Miniature Market is having a sizeable clearance sale.

If it's made by Spartan Games, it looks like it's on sale. There are some scattered other things, too.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

GJK

Ken Ellis is selling a punched copy of Carrier for $40 as well as a mint copy of Patton's Best for $32.  I just picked up a mint copy of Diplomacy from him.  He responds and ships very quickly.  Some good buys here!

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.ee7011b/67194

Oops, looks like Carrier is spoken for.  Didn't figure that one would last long!
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Staggerwing

If you run across another Carrier for sale (at a reasonable price) please let me know. I routinely troll BGG and Ebay but I don't get to visit Consimworld much. I find the forums to be a bit confusing.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GJK

You might send him an email, his last post said that the sale was pending but you never know if it fell through or not.

On CSW, you can "subscribe" to individual folders.  "Marketplace" is one of the folders that I subscribe to.  Then, update your link for CSW to just go right to the "Message Center".  On that page, any folders that you've subscribed to will show the first of any new messages posted  there.  That is the best (only?) way that I've found to stay on top of what's new there and what's not (again, only within the game specific folders of games that I'm interested in following).
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bayonetbrant

Decision is running a sale that nets you some free folio games if you subscribe to the 'game' edition of their magazines

QuoteHoliday Game Edition Subscription Offer

Free Folios with Game Edition Subscriptions!

Look, we know you love a good deal, but let's be honest with each other, you love free stuff even more. What's better than free stuff? Free games. We've got our fans covered this month and we're going to offer you one of our best freebie deals of the year.

Subscribe or renew to the Game Edition for Strategy & Tactics, World at War or Modern War using promo code DECOFF and receive a special coupon code for free folio games (shipping not included).

The Break Down
• Subscribe to 3 titles for 2 years ($100 value) = Get 6 free Folio Games 
• Subscribe to 2 titles for 2 years OR 3 titles for 1 year ($50 value)  = Get 3 free Folio Games
• Subscribe to 1 title for 2 years ($20 value) = Get 1 free Folio Game

How it Works 
Pick your issues & length of subscription
Enter promo code: DECOFF to indicate your response to the special offer. Your order will be reviewed & qualified by our staff. You will receive an email with a special link to send you to the exclusive order page for your free folios (in the Decision Games shop).

To order visit our site @ shop.strategyandtacticspress.com

Offer will expire 31 December 2013
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GJK

----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer