Combat mission fortress Italy - Rome to victory

Started by Grim.Reaper, June 29, 2019, 08:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

So to recap...

1. There is frustration and confusion over long delays and the status of the release
2. Instead of providing concise information in response to clear inquiries, Elvis made an inside joke that had no meaning to anybody who is interested and paying attention
3. This created further frustration and confusion
4. There is still no information beyond what was already known before this all started and nobody is playing the module because it still hasn't been released
5. BFG customer support is otherwise very good.

Let's move on.  :clap:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 29, 2019, 11:26:54 AM
Quote from: A Canadian Cat on November 29, 2019, 11:21:34 AM
OMG are you guys for real?
BFC has a solid policy of releasing product when it is ready. They don't give solid dates they never have. Whenever they give an approximate date they always favour quality over hitting some arbitrary date.
Customers should be happy with that. We should be cheering BFC for their high standards. Sure this release has been delayed more than usual but come on, don't we all have some other war game to play? Likely something else from BFC.
Or heck there is always the very groggy GTA that you can fire up.

Are you for real?  Only time you show up over here is to defend them and you do the same on the official forums....I certainly get your point, but maybe you should also get other people's points and just agree that not everyone has to agree with one another.

Regardless, read the the thread more....the delayed release was not the main issue (as Elvis would put it, became a monthly joke/lighthearted discussion), as usual the communication was more the topic.

I've interacted with him on the BF forum and it was more or less the same experience.  I brought up a point about BF's general lack of communication, and all he does is give you this same incredulous reply about BF's quality standards, which nobody ever questioned.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

A Canadian Cat

Yep, I'm a broken record. I keep seeing people complain and complain. It seems like they enjoy it. I should just not read it - that's probably good advice.

Elvis

Quote from: LoganismyHERO on November 29, 2019, 10:13:00 AM
I have to chime in here because Elvis's comments are a HUGE red flag for me.

I'm a potential customer and I've been looking at jumping into this series (CMFI), however, I'm a little worried at the comments that Elvis has made on this thread. I get being "funny" on a forum but if you represent Battlefront and you're trying to be cheeky to customers (or potential one's like me) don't. It's not funny. Not in the slightest.

For what it's worth....I both apologize and mentioned that I didn't mean to offend. But, it is what it is and I'll let it drop now as Jarhead has suggested....

Quote from: Elvis on November 27, 2019, 04:12:15 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 27, 2019, 03:23:11 PM
I see another month down......saw the announcement it will not happen this week or the weekend....December here we come!

Now the question, will it actually still come out in 2019 or we looking at 2020?

If it wasn't a holiday weekend it would have probably been out tomorrow or Friday. There is one piece needed before release. Once it's out I'll explain more what I mean by that. Heck, when I woke this morning I thought I was waking up to ship it out today. The original conversation was whether it was going to be yesterday or today but a longer term benefit thing that doesn't really have anything to do with the module's content was brought up and it was decided to wait until it was available...which would only add a day or two....except that day or 2 happened to fall on a holiday weekend.

It's at a point where it is ok to mention what I alluded to here, as it will come into play for a lot of people who purchase the module (pre-order or otherwise). This release will look more like the recent Pack releases than previous module releases. If you purchase any module right now (for any of the games) there is no download link. The same will be true for Rome to Victory. There will be a "patch" that will be released and that will contain all of the Rome to Victory content. From there you just use the Activate New Products utility and enter the module key(s). All of the full game installers will already have the module content built in. The "one piece needed" part I referred to was that we had originally thought to send all pre-orders the full installer and break the "patch" out after the holidays. It was then decided to not release until the "patch" was also ready. That's why it didn't go out Wednesday morning. So, as with CMBN, if you have the game patched up to date and you purchase a module you just need to activate it to get the content.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: A Canadian Cat on November 29, 2019, 03:30:28 PM
Yep, I'm a broken record. I keep seeing people complain and complain. It seems like they enjoy it. I should just not read it - that's probably good advice.

Yep just go away if you having nothing else to contribute....

al_infierno

It's available now.  No update on the front page yet, but I got my download link email for the preorder  O0
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Zulu1966

Quote from: al_infierno on November 29, 2019, 04:48:44 PM
It's available now.  No update on the front page yet, but I got my download link email for the preorder  O0

Yep got it. Installed. Some really interesting stuff in this....
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Michael Dorosh

So this year's announcements are something like this

(Incidentally, I keep track on my site at http://tacticalwargamer.com/computergames/combatmission/combatmission.htm )

CMSF 2 got a new patch in January

Game Engine 4 patch was released in May

Rome to Victory announced in June

Rome to Victory released in November

No judgement on my part as to whether this is a successful year or not. Rome to Victory seems like a modest addition, but it is modestly priced as well. But also seems like the biggest thing to come from BFC this year. Seems odd they wouldn't revisit the Eastern Front first, but perhaps gaming tastes are changing. I recall Steve saying that CMBB was not the huge seller they thought it would be. Possibly CMRT didn't either. But it always did seem odd to set a game on the Eastern Front but not include Stalingrad, Berlin or Kursk in the timeframe.

Incidentally, what is the timeframe for this new module? I presume it goes to May 1945? Which IIRC is a first for the CMX2 games?

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Elvis on November 29, 2019, 03:57:43 PM
there is no download link. The same will be true for Rome to Victory. There will be a "patch" that will be released and that will contain all of the Rome to Victory content. From there you just use the Activate New Products utility and enter the module key(s). All of the full game installers will already have the module content built in. The "one piece needed" part I referred to was that we had originally thought to send all pre-orders the full installer and break the "patch" out after the holidays. It was then decided to not release until the "patch" was also ready. That's why it didn't go out Wednesday morning. So, as with CMBN, if you have the game patched up to date and you purchase a module you just need to activate it to get the content.

I took the plunge - for $35, no reason not to.

I got no documentation on how to download. I also have no download link in my email or in my Account section of the website.

I went to my root folder on my hard drive and ran the Activate New Products utility, and it reported that Rome to Victory was now active.

But nothing has downloaded, and when I go to the game, nothing has changed.

I am running Game Engine 4, V2.02

What do I do now?

Michael Dorosh

And the icing on the cake, filling out the form fields to create a ticket on the support site, if your version number isn't a simple number (I added "Game Engine 4" to be complete) it just crashes the entire form and makes you fill everything out again.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on December 01, 2019, 09:34:08 AM
there is no download link. The same will be true for Rome to Victory. There will be a "patch" that will be released and that will contain all of the Rome to Victory content. From there you just use the Activate New Products utility and enter the module key(s). All of the full game installers will already have the module content built in. The "one piece needed" part I referred to was that we had originally thought to send all pre-orders the full installer and break the "patch" out after the holidays. It was then decided to not release until the "patch" was also ready. That's why it didn't go out Wednesday morning. So, as with CMBN, if you have the game patched up to date and you purchase a module you just need to activate it to get the content.

I got no documentation on how to download. I also have no download link in my email or in my Account section of the website.

I went to my root folder on my hard drive and ran the Activate New Products utility, and it reported that Rome to Victory was now active.

What do I do now?

Link here to files

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/136049-there-is-no-download-with-the-rome-to-victory-moduleheres-what-you-need/

WYBaugh

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on December 01, 2019, 09:34:08 AM

What do I do now?

From their site it states that the new modules are part of the code that you've already downloaded so nothing to download for the new module.  You just have to activate and go.

Grim.Reaper

must have version 2.10 though and the link i provided above gets you the latest

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: WYBaugh on December 01, 2019, 09:55:58 AM
From their site it states that the new modules are part of the code that you've already downloaded so nothing to download for the new module.  You just have to activate and go.

This is obviously not correct.

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 01, 2019, 10:05:02 AM
must have version 2.10 though and the link i provided above gets you the latest

Ok, thanks. I wonder how I would have known that if I didn't read this forum?

Anyway, took some doing, but it is now working. I appreciate the help. I better close my ticket.