Main Menu

Popular FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, September 04, 2020, 06:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on September 04, 2020, 06:19:34 PM
Your pc is in the guest room?? Fatal error.

Tell me about it.  Hence my "take it to the shed," option I threw out there last weekish in another thread.

al_infierno

Quote from: MetalDog on September 04, 2020, 04:50:09 PM
@ Ray and al, re: Falling In Reverse:  I didn't like the song when they first started playing it around here.  Just seemed like another of the new genre of songs that are similar in some way, put out by similarly interchangeable bands.  Then it started to grow on me.  Hadn't seen the video before last night.  Thought it was a pretty neat little mini movie.  I'll try again next week and see if I can tickle the musical taste buds of the Grog collective.

Heh, no worries man.  I'm pretty picky when it comes to heavy music.  Quite a few bands are definitely growers, for sure.  The majority of bands with harsh vocals, metal or otherwise, are definitely like that.

There's a wealth of awesome 80s heavy/power/thrash metal that would make for great Friday thread titles.  If I ever remember on a late Thursday night (given my West Coast timezone), I'll have to throw out some obscure picks like "Master FRIDAY!"

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

Dammit Carl! Your tag has never been more appropriate.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd