Miniatures on a PC.

Started by gameleaper, January 28, 2017, 01:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

If you have a boardgame on a PC like vassal, your sometimes short of playaides like shot dispersal, or spell area effected, or turn templates on plaines. well I have realised you can use paper in real life then use on your large screen, I use a 32inch LCD TV, the correct size for your playaides would be scanned with the board, but instead of printing it - you view it on screen and trace it on to real paper - this is so you have the correct scale on any monitor. this works best on a big screen.

As a programmer,I know why thing are not added to a game , or even that the game never gets digitised, its because of the software is so hard to get things done, if a program like ZunTzu or vassal just need to display board and chits aswell as rotate and display and flip cards, the software would be easily done, you can now create game boxes like FIRE & FURY(YES MINIATURES) this is a side effect to what I'm suggesting, its perfect for miniatures in vassal or zuntu or battlegrounds or other VTT. In fact I have found it to be the answer to how to play minatures on a PC.

Imagine Warhammer play aides in your hands, and then held to the screen to measure, . imagine DnD spell templates held up to the screen, you would NOT need new software for every type of game, the software already exists, you don't need the programing overhead to achieve a complex gamebox or module.

I'm plaing miniatures on the PC , and it works