Main Menu

War FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, May 29, 2020, 08:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

Quote from: Myrmidon on May 29, 2020, 09:06:16 PM
Getting worked over in the Grogheads MP Dominions 5 game.  People be hating on Skellies, but human sacrifice is evidently OK.   ;D

Any spare time after Dominions 5, and watching "Let's play Dominion 5" vids, will go to hopefully getting to take the Tortoise out some more in World of Tanks.

Maybe it's your scary skull emblem.  The ancient lizard people of C'tis have got a good few skellies kicking around, but we keep 'em in the ground 'til we need em instead of flaunting all those spookies and putting a skull on our emblem.   :buck2:

Brutus... Are we the baddies?
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Toonces

I really need to start a thread on this, but very quickly:

If you dig super tactical WW2 Carrier Warfare you should give Carrier Strike a hard look.  I spent about 4 hours with one scenario today.  Got my ass kicked, but the depth appears to be deep, and the tactical decisions are right out of the boardgame Carrier.  You really see where The Admiral is getting his inspiration.

Graphics suck; gameplay=7.  I need to figure out if some of the parts that were annoying me (like how long a strike has been airborne) are in there and hidden, or just aren't in there (boo!).
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Martok

Ozzy sucks.  Fight me.  O:-) 

Continuing my Prince Imrik campaign (Mortal Empires) in Warhammer II.  Pursuant to my exchange with W8taminute from a couple weeks back, I've also been playing a little Imperium Galactica II the last few days. 

Quote from: CJReich46 on May 29, 2020, 12:53:51 PM
I have the Reikland to unify in Total War Warhammer,  Not really sure what else.
Good man.  O0  For as much as I'm enjoying my Imrik campaign, I'll admit that even now the nation calls... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

The_Admiral

Quote from: Toonces on May 30, 2020, 01:31:51 AM
I really need to start a thread on this, but very quickly:

If you dig super tactical WW2 Carrier Warfare you should give Carrier Strike a hard look.  I spent about 4 hours with one scenario today.  Got my ass kicked, but the depth appears to be deep, and the tactical decisions are right out of the boardgame Carrier.  You really see where The Admiral is getting his inspiration.

Graphics suck; gameplay=7.  I need to figure out if some of the parts that were annoying me (like how long a strike has been airborne) are in there and hidden, or just aren't in there (boo!).

Aye, a gem! She's out of her league enough that graphics don't matter so much. It's like a very sexy voice on the phone, better not think too much about the rest.
But then again, as shown in RedArgo's topic, proper contenders are on the rise  :coolsmiley:
http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=24528.0

Toonces

It's funny because I was playing it and reading the manual and thought, "man, this game has Grigsby written all over it."  And sure enough, it's his game.

I find it hugely interesting how he's been refining his carrier warfare model over the years.

But yeah, that game is a real gem.  It really feels like a pc version of VG's Carrier.  There is a lot of tactical goodness, which is just fantastic.  It'll be a nice bridge game while I wait for TFA to come out!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

al_infierno

Quote from: Martok on May 31, 2020, 04:13:44 AM
Ozzy sucks.  Fight me.  O:-) 

If you're talking about Ozzy as a singer and his solo career, I agree 100%.

But you best not be hating on Tony Iommi, AKA the Riff God.   :knuppel2:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces