Combat Mission series on GoG.com

Started by mbar, June 05, 2019, 08:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: ArizonaTank on June 07, 2019, 08:11:30 PM
Quote from: -budd- on June 06, 2019, 12:43:50 PM
Got it to stretch full screen..yippeee, if i can get the sound issue worked out i'll pick up the other two and start modding them. Is Green as Jade the only place to go for mods?

How did you get to stretch?

Inside the game directory there is a dxcfg.exe file that you can run and set various video options.  I set mine to 1920x1080 and turned off aspect ratio and mine stretches.  I am guessing other combinations work too but I just played with those.

Staggerwing

Got it to stretch full screen..yippeee, if i can get the sound issue worked out i'll pick up the other two and start modding them. Is Green as Jade the only place to go for mods?

He called the Spanish Inquisition, among who's many weapons is The Rack.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 07, 2019, 08:19:03 PM

Inside the game directory there is a dxcfg.exe file that you can run and set various video options.  I set mine to 1920x1080 and turned off aspect ratio and mine stretches.  I am guessing other combinations work too but I just played with those.

Nice! Thanks.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 07, 2019, 08:19:03 PM

This is a great tip. Thanks!
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

-budd-

My nostalgia feeling is wearing thin :( actually got the sound to work once by right clicking on the shortcut file and checking the box run as administrator. Game started with sound, but closed it down and restarted and haven't heard a thing since and nothing else i have tried has either. I tend to dig in my heels on things like this, spent 2 hours messing with it. GOG hasn't replied yet.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

airboy

Does Beyond Overlord actually work on a modern machine?  I'm running windows 10 on a less than two year old Falcon Talon rig.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: airboy on June 07, 2019, 11:17:58 PM
Does Beyond Overlord actually work on a modern machine?  I'm running windows 10 on a less than two year old Falcon Talon rig.

Yes, all three GOG versions work fine...my machine is only about a year old.

-budd-

GOG got back to me, and as soon as i read their message i knew what it was causing the problem. I should of thought of it myself as it had come up before on another old game. I have Sonic Studio installed, program where you can set up audio profiles for programs or games. All the audio on my machine goes through the program for post processing. As soon as i exited the program the sound worked fine. I tried setting up profiles and disabling it but the only thing that worked was shutting it down.Kind of knew with no one else having the problem that it was specific to my machine. I'll go load up the mod manager and start modding the game. I'll probably pick up the other two games also. Kind of forgot how much content was in these games, and the map generator.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 08, 2019, 02:04:03 AM
Quote from: airboy on June 07, 2019, 11:17:58 PM

Yes, all three GOG versions work fine...my machine is only about a year old.

I just installed CMAK on a wimpy little ASUS netbook/tablet running Win10 and it seems to run fine. I set the widescreen option and it renders fine, though slightly stretched.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

I seem to recall beginning in CMBB there was, 'fire' that could spread across the ground, wheat fields, etc. Can anybody confirm this? The Molotov Cocktails I remember.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

DoctorQuest

FYI. You can quiet down the game menus by deleting or renaming the following files in the WAV folder. Bothering people at work with your game noises is bad form.

00000170.wav
00000171.wav
00005010.wav (not used in CMAK)

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

On CMBO being playable on a tablet or laptop... I had some trouble with it, although I don't recall what exactly or how I finagled the workaround. (This was last year and I've slept since then.) I was hoping to mp it with someone else to introduce it to them, but we never got around to it, so eventually I uninstalled.

There isn't much reason to get CMBO with all the mods available for CMBB and especially CMAK -- unless you're so desperate for King Tigers in the game that you're willing to drop back a notch in game functionality! (And they've probably been modded in somewhere else by now anyway.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

The random battle generator was the bomb.  I am going to buy them - for the 2nd time.

-budd-

I love the fact you can generate a random map for your random battle. Since I got my sound issue worked out I bought CMAK also. Not going to bother with CMBO as there is an overhaul mod you can load over CMAK for some ETO action. Spend most of my gaming time this weekend adding mods to both games.