(FINISHED) Grogspocalypse Prequel: Early Ages Boogaloo [Dominions 5]

Started by al_infierno, July 24, 2020, 03:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrmidon

Although it may be blindingly obvious to everyone, but FYI playtesting is possible by placing the map package in the Dominions 5 map folder and creating a new game.  AIs will be autogenned with the same nations that will be in our game.

Words can't describe my happiness at being wedged between TheMeinTeam and Aidjica again.    :bd:

GL everyone!

TheMeInTeam

Quote from: Myrmidon on July 31, 2020, 05:34:34 PM
Although it may be blindingly obvious to everyone, but FYI playtesting is possible by placing the map package in the Dominions 5 map folder and creating a new game.  AIs will be autogenned with the same nations that will be in our game.

Words can't describe my happiness at being wedged between TheMeinTeam and Aidjica again.    :bd:

GL everyone!

You're playing a good nation, but you're not playing a non-linear scaling nation with 9 forts before t24, so maybe the diplo will shake out a little differently this time!

Ajidica

Pretender submitted!

All praise The Number One Threat To America, Lord of the Bears!

His Hibernatingness awaits your inevitable surrender of prime salmon-eating rivers.

Tanaka, in the last game we used Steam chat for diplomacy, though I know some prefer Discord. On steam I have the same username and avatar as here; while on discord I am:
Ajidica#9741

W8taminute

Pretender submitted.  Wait 'till you get a load of him!  haha
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

al_infierno

My steam username is al infierno, discord is 408Lurker#7084
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Tanaka

Quote from: al_infierno on July 31, 2020, 01:45:35 PM
Quote from: Tanaka on July 31, 2020, 03:10:41 AM

I've always sent my pretenders to pretenders@llamaserver.net? Also did you mean to include a pic of the whole map and all locations?

Both ways seem to work?  Whatever you did worked, as I see Abysia as a submitted pretender  O0

You mean the PNG in the zip file?  I assumed it was required for the map to run, but looking now it appears to just be a reference.

Yes it seems so! I see well I guess we all know the layout and locations so that's fair haha. Added those who game me your steam name!

TheMeInTeam

Quote from: Tanaka on July 31, 2020, 11:32:08 PM

I've always sent my pretenders to pretenders@llamaserver.net? Also did you mean to include a pic of the whole map and all locations?

Both ways seem to work?  Whatever you did worked, as I see Abysia as a submitted pretender  O0

You mean the PNG in the zip file?  I assumed it was required for the map to run, but looking now it appears to just be a reference.

Yes it seems so! I see well I guess we all know the layout and locations so that's fair haha. Added those who game me your steam name!

In case you missed the PM, my steam name is TheMeInTeam.  I'm friends with the others on Steam so you can find me that way too.

Tanaka

Quote from: TheMeInTeam on August 01, 2020, 01:58:55 AM
Quote from: Tanaka on July 31, 2020, 11:32:08 PM

In case you missed the PM, my steam name is TheMeInTeam.  I'm friends with the others on Steam so you can find me that way too.

Yes I added you? My steam name is also Tanaka.

TheMeInTeam

I still don't see an invite.  Don't know what's going on, but I found you in the others' friend list and added you just now.  If you also don't see it we'll need to troubleshoot.

solops

Sorry about the turn 1 delay, guys. I had a teensy e-mail snafu. AF fixed it.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

solops

I've learned something. Avoid playing two games at the same time on the same map. It really messes with your organizational memory-keeping.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

al_infierno

I've learned that expanding like Germany in 1938 will earn me the Molotov Ribbentrop treatment from my neighbors. #:-)   :hide:

- MengJiao

solops

Quote from: al_infierno on August 09, 2020, 05:23:04 PM
I've learned that expanding like Germany in 1938 will earn me the Molotov Ribbentrop treatment from my neighbors. #:-)   :hide:
Some things fall under the heading of "Just because you can doesn't mean you should". The human element keeps messing with all generals' plans. I don't have that problem. I've never "been able to."   :)

W8taminute

Quote from: al_infierno on August 09, 2020, 05:23:04 PM

That's well put and made me laugh.  Vanheim and Rus are akin to Germany and the USSR dividing up Poland. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk