Enemy Coast Ahead (dambusters raid)

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, March 08, 2015, 02:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

That's 3 points of damage.  The Eder needs 6 damage to be breached when it has a full reservoir.

Someone can roll 2D6 to see if any nightfighters respond to the explosions. 

Staggerwing

I'll do it, seeing as how I have no more aircraft and am now just a bystander (maybe a surviving crewmember watching from AJ-L's wreckage up on the mountain?)

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 3, total 7[/blockquote]
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Silent Disapproval Robot

Skies are still clear of fighters.  Attack turn 2 begins.  Gibson and Hopgood arrive and begin circling.  Either Astell in AJ-B or Martin in AJ-P can make the next run.

Who wants to go next?

Barthheart

Stagger why don't you take AJ-P as I still have 2 aircraft in the other wave to run?

Staggerwing

Thanks Barth- though I'm not sure if the crew of AJ-P is going to feel the same way...  :))
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm sensing some reticence.  It's like a scene from the Deer Hunter now...but with Lancasters instead of a revolver.  Somebody's got to go next. Didi Mao!

Silent Disapproval Robot

OK, Astell banks AJ-B over and rolls into the attack run.  Roll 1D6 for your approach vector.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Astell and his crew are seasoned so they normally get to draw 2 speed and altitude chits.  Your run-in is badly timed so you lose 2 speed chits.  The fog causes you to lose 2 altitude chits as well but you gain 1 back for the Very Light that was launched on turn 1.  You also suffer a -1 penalty when trying to avoid the mountain.

Basically, you won't be able to make any speed adjustments at all during this run.  Your initial altitude is low at 56 ft.
Do you want to pull up and circle, drop the bomb now, or continue on this run?

undercovergeek

Silent Disapproval Robot

If you continue, the best outcome you can achieve on this run is a +4 altitude chit.  You have a -1 penalty for a faulty release mechanism.  A seasoned crew gives a +1 bomb-aiming bonus so, at best, you'll get a +4 bonus which means you'll need an 11 or better on 2D6 to hit the dam.  If you pull up and circle, you'll get the dummy run benefit on your next run that will allow you to draw or exchange an extra speed or altitude chit. 

undercovergeek

Ahem, yeah that's what I said, pull up and circle

:uglystupid2:

Silent Disapproval Robot

;D

OK, the run is aborted and Astell climbs out to circle around again.  Roll 2D6 to see if the Luftwaffe drops in.

Staggerwing, because Martin spent the turn circling, he can fire off another Very Light to help with the fog just in case the first one burns out.