Geo Specific Terrain Model

Started by Smuckatelli, May 19, 2014, 04:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smuckatelli

As per Starfury's request.......

My 12 year old son, Tomas was tasked to give a map reading class to his Boy Scout Troop.

About a month ago the Troop went on an orienteering course with a local organization and he did the best...so they voluntold him to give a class on map reading.

He wanted to build a terrain model like he did in the past for the train set. He thought that it would be easier to show terrain features with a 3 D model. He also wanted it to be a model of real terrain so he went to Staples, had a topo map blown up and commenced to cutting out contour lines.

Smuckatelli

Additional photos....

He was going to put vegetation on but found out that if he did, the contours of the land would be hard to see.

bob48

Impressive work, you can see he has put a lot of effort into it.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Double Deuce

Awesome work! He must have put some serious man hours into that project.   

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Jack Nastyface

Great job...looks like he's also going to get the Merit badge for PowerPoint.
Here's what I am imaging he is saying:  "The Girl Guides will be camped here.  They are scheduled to go for nature hike at 0900 hrs.  We'll infiltrate from concealment at 0915.  Our primary targets are supplies for s'mores, and Rebecca Johnson's diary.  Specifically, we're looking for any intel that may help us determine if she is crushing on trooper Berkowitz.  Gentlemen, Operation Stop-n-Shop is a go!"
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

GDS_Starfury

if this was posted at Missing-lynx.com there would be an internet standing ovation.
thank the Lord for mom's dominant gene's!   :2funny:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.