The "Holy %$%# It's Hot Out There" Summer 2018 Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, April 02, 2018, 07:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Time to start-up the old ice-in-the-BVD's tradition again.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

OJsDad

Toledo news is calling for temps to reach 100 both Saturday and Sunday. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

100 here in Orange County NY on Sunday. I will burn all my pants in the hellfire.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

They'll probably catch on fire once you step outside.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

ComradeP

We're at about 30 degrees Celsius/in the 90's on the Fahrenheit scale in the Netherlands.

It's been one of the hottest months of June on record, and also a dry one with less than half of the average precipitation with a lot of regional differences (only 1 millimetre fell along on the south-western part of the coastline), after the already fairly dry spring.

The agricultural areas in the eastern part of the country, my part, are reporting a precipitation shortage approaching 200 millimetres in some areas. There are a lot of lakes and major rivers, so there's no water shortage, but the water suppliers are starting to advise people not to use too much water, as they always do in dry periods.

It's not a problem on a Californian scale, or like what's happening in parts of India right now, but as the Netherlands is a small country with a lot of agriculture, the water requirements of the agricultural sector are impressive in dry periods.

In previous months, we've had days with sudden rain and hail showers from thunderstorms which ruined part of the fruit harvest. These things happen from time to time, but they're starting to happen more often, nearly every year now.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

bob48

Been 27 deg C here in my bit of the UK - we really could do with a bit of rain......
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

OJsDad

Quote from: Gusington on June 29, 2018, 05:16:39 PM
^Yours wasn't.

She just felt so bad for ya.  \m/

Then again we see each other naked so infrequently, she may have been envious.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I got to get a longer extension cord. My computer won't reach to the pool dammit.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.