Main Menu

Exercise Habits

Started by Bison, July 31, 2012, 01:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

I tried the paleo diet for a while but couldn't stick to it.  I can't eat seafood/game meats so it always felt pretty limited. 

Bison

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Bison on September 06, 2012, 06:33:20 PM
Clearly you think I'm an asshole so I'll stop with the suggestions now.  Good luck guys.

LOL nope.  I think we're just typing and responding slightly out of sync so I'm always replying one message behind.  (yes, I see the red warning bar telling me someone's posted while I was typing, but I ain't gonna let no red bar control me!)

Silent Disapproval Robot

See?  Just happened again!

Staggerwing

Quote from: Bison on September 06, 2012, 06:31:32 PM
There are alternatives.  Some workouts only require 20-30 minutes a day.  Like crossfit or TRX for example and both can be taylor to the equipment you have like the TRX workout kit with is very compact and can be used nearly anywhere and Crossfit is some weights, kettlebells and pull up and dip bars.  Honestly I'd stay off the protein for awhile to burn off the fat and get your body back into a state its used to working out.  I don't really like creatine.  If you need a protein, whey is a good one to drink before or after a weights session.

Also I know it sounds like a crazy diet, but the paleo diet is pretty easy to follow.  Eat fresh fruits, vegitables and meat.  Stay away from carbohydrates.  I love pasta so this gets hard for me, but you will see results.

Thanks. No room at all for weights ATM except maybe a pair of small dumbells. I'll check the local Walmart to see if they have a cheap set. I'm never going to get buff at this point in life so the muscle thing is of less concern than weight and health. Ill look for the Whey though.

Quote from: Bison on September 06, 2012, 06:33:20 PM
Clearly you think I'm an asshole so I'll stop with the suggestions now.  Good luck guys.

Dude! I'm a slow typer! give me a chance.:D I appreciate the help, I do.

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 06, 2012, 06:31:59 PM
Yup.  I'll try to keep a journal.  I've already got one for the iPhone that I use to record my daily food intake and exercise.  Seems to be decent enough and I can record nutritional info into it myself if the item's not on the list.

What app are you using?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Silent Disapproval Robot

The app I use is called Lose It!

I've got a weight free routine as a MS Word file that I worked up when I was living in Thailand and didn't have access to a gym or weights.  I can send it to you if you like.

Bison

I would look at TRX.  The equipment fits into a small mesh bag and can be used on any solid house door.  It's pretty reasonable as well like $90.  It uses resistance to build up strenght and endurance and adds in running for cardo.  You can modify how much you do and all that and the work out takes maybe 30 minutes.  Unless you want to build mass, there is no need for protein shakes.  Just eat meat, beans and other protein sources.  That will keep you trim and feed your muscles.

Stagger.  It's possible for anyone to add muscle regardless of age.  It just takes time.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 06, 2012, 06:42:24 PM
The app I use is called Lose It!

I've got a weight free routine as a MS Word file that I worked up when I was living in Thailand and didn't have access to a gym or weights.  I can send it to you if you like.

I'd love it! Thanks!

Quote from: Bison on September 06, 2012, 06:47:26 PM
I would look at TRX.  The equipment fits into a small mesh bag and can be used on any solid house door.  It's pretty reasonable as well like $90.  It uses resistance to build up strenght and endurance and adds in running for cardo.  You can modify how much you do and all that and the work out takes maybe 30 minutes.  Unless you want to build mass, there is no need for protein shakes.  Just eat meat, beans and other protein sources.  That will keep you trim and feed your muscles

Thanks for the tip. I'll see if I can track it down on Teh Webz.

QuoteStagger.  It's possible for anyone to add muscle regardless of age.  It just takes time.

I know. I'm sure I can bulk up a little. Enough to make my next house move (if and when) a little easier anyway!

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Bison

Plus it makes you a little bit sexier!

Staggerwing

So's I can get a gift basket just like Steelie's? Maybe I'm better off fat.  :-\

Bison

No man.  It's so you can hit on the cougars in the local shopping markets.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Bison on September 06, 2012, 07:22:13 PM
No man.  It's so you can hit on the cougars in the local shopping markets.

Cougars want young prey. Maybe there's some coeds out there with 'Daddy Separation Issues' to work through?  ;)

Bison

TheCommandTent

So what would you fitness gurus suggest to get rid of a small gut.  I am by no means overweight but any fat seems to go right to the stomach.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."