We have a Pitch Meeting thread now. Threads are _tight!_

Started by JasonPratt, May 10, 2018, 08:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

"So! -- you have a money for me?" "Yes, sir, I do!"

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Remember Ryan's cat showing up for a cameo recently? (Gosh, it's been a little while since he made a new Pitch Meeting -- must've been out on vacation...)

Well, here he is again! Sort of a pitch meeting for the first pet cat...

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Huw the Poo

That's what I've been saying!  Who the hell would want to live with one of those nasty creatures?!

JasonPratt

"So how can we have flashbacks to both of them as children, if he's several decades older than her?!" "I dunno, but we're gonna!"

JasonPratt

"Leaning into things is TIGHT!"

(Oh wait, one of us may have posted that already.)

JasonPratt

Pitch for no more MCU Spider-man.  :'(

"Ah, nope, we can't have Happy!" "That, that seems to sum up my feelings right now."

airboy

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 23, 2019, 08:05:11 AM
Pitch for no more MCU Spider-man.  :'(

"Ah, nope, we can't have Happy!" "That, that seems to sum up my feelings right now."

Pretty much our take on it.

JasonPratt

I kind of don't blame Sony for wanting to take another crack at the character for a while, maybe the McGuire or Garfield versions specifically so that there will be less confusion. ("Less": Dr. Evil fingerquotes.)

But earning millions of dollars straight profit for doing LITERALLY NOTHING except owning the legal right to give permission to use the characters? How much of a no brainer is that? If there's a strong and coherent artistic vision that would be one thing, but I've seen nothing to indicate Sony execs have that in mind (even to exploit it), and that can only leave the other rationale: gambling their money on making even more money than they could make by doing nothing.

airboy

I disagree.  Disney owns all of the merchandising rights to Spiderman and gets 50% of the take currently.  Sony offered to continue the deal and Disney refused.  Merchandising rights is a huge part of movies aimed at kids - and Disney wanted that plus > 50% of the take from the film?  Screw them. 

Disney is being unreasonable and Sony eventually decided to walk.

JasonPratt

JasonPratt

JasonPratt

Angelina's cheekbones are high maintenance, so we're going to get another of these this Halloween. So time for a recap.

airboy

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 29, 2019, 12:06:29 PM
Angelina's cheekbones are high maintenance, so we're going to get another of these this Halloween. So time for a recap.

Incoherent - even for a modern Disney movie.