From Friday to Malibu

Started by Anguille, September 25, 2020, 01:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Nik Kershaw's new "single". His new record is due out soon (16th of october).

Haven't played anything since i have a problem with my gaming laptop has a problem with it's screen (about 3 weeks). Still, would like to play a little of Imperiums: Greek Wars and maybe start a game of Sword of the Stars. Have a great weekend.

Gusington

More Divinity 2, and maybe some Control, Dragon's Dogma and Outlast.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Hunh.  Via notice from Twitter, there seems to have been a large community made update/mod/thingy just dropped for Left 4 Dead 2, so it looks like that's going back on the HD for a bit.

And I've got plenty of stuff to physically read, so I should get cranking on that stuff too.

TTFN!

Jarhead0331

Probably DCS and No Man's Sky for the most part.  Maybe I'll dabble in IL-2 BoX or Total Tank Simulator? We'll see. Its my last free weekend until the middle of October. I'll be in trial mode starting Monday.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 25, 2020, 08:35:55 AM
Probably DCS and No Man's Sky for the most part.  Maybe I'll dabble in IL-2 BoX or Total Tank Simulator? We'll see. Its my last free weekend until the middle of October. I'll be in trial mode starting Monday.

DCS sounds good...and the usual, boardgames, HLL and so on.

Rayfer

Got back into board wargames after a 3 decade absence...playing Old School Tactical Vol 1 East Front 1941/1942.

al_infierno

Started up a new Axis campaign in WarPlan.  It took until nearly August for France to fall, but I'm now at the excruciating "calm before the storm" leading up to June 1941.   :hide:

Otherwise, the endless grind of Disgaea 5 calls my name.

Aside from that, I've gotten back into the habit of reading for pleasure.  My job involves a lot of reading, editing, and writing, so it's easy to go months without reading anything in my spare time.  Right now I'm burning through No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy for the first time and loving it.  When I feel ambitious I'll keep trudging through the dense prose of Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon.  Planning on starting All the Pretty Horses by McCarthy next, but as always I've got an endless pile of historical books on my backlog as well...

Quote from: Rayfer on September 25, 2020, 01:49:49 PM
Got back into board wargames after a 3 decade absence...playing Old School Tactical Vol 1 East Front 1941/1942.

<:-)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

Cormac McCarthy is a damned genius.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Yes!  Definitely one of the greatest living writers out there.  I'll have to remember to bring him up next time I poke my head into the "What are we reading?" thread ;)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

The Road left me scarred for life.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock with new DLC for gaming and UCI road world championships on TV.

Sir Slash

Back after a week in lovely Longboat Key, Fla. with the Wife for our Anniversary.    O0   So, catching-up on chores and bills but then....some very much missed gaming. Something strategic like TOAW 4 maybe. Hope all the Grogs are having a good last weekend of September.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Happy anniversary! Go hydrate ❤️

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd