The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I wish I was that shredded, bruh.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

I'll put a bagel in his waistband.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I wouldn't get anywhere near that guy's waistband.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jamus34

Here is why I was thinking Car Wars...to me (at least) the art style seems familiar.

(and yes, I still have my Car Wars starter box from the 80's)
Insert witty comment here.

Sir Slash

That looks more like Gus than the other guy. It's the devilish smile.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Wow they do look really similar. If that was published before 1985 there could be some trouble there, if anyone cared now in 2020.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Looks like 1987 is the earliest copyright date I can find.

airboy

Thought it was GI Joe.  Not cool enough for Buck Rogers.

Gusington

Hmm then maybe the artists who worked for Hasbro would have a case against the Car Wars artist...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Skoop

Quote from: jamus34 on April 29, 2020, 09:01:49 AM
Here is why I was thinking Car Wars...to me (at least) the art style seems familiar.

Surprised there hasn't been a big open world car wars theme video game, sounds cool if there was.

jamus34

Quote from: Skoop on April 29, 2020, 06:33:13 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on April 29, 2020, 09:01:49 AM

Surprised there hasn't been a big open world car wars theme video game, sounds cool if there was.

Well I would prefer it to be turnbased.

Two games I wish they would revisit or create a spiritual successor is Autoduel and Roadwar 2000 / Europa.

I think Paradox could pull off a Roadwar type of game.

Bardolph

Quote from: jamus34 on April 29, 2020, 12:22:50 PM
Looks like 1987 is the earliest copyright date I can find.

Sunday Drivers came out in '82.

Gusington

A Plague Tale is fittingly on sale now at Green Man for 66% off, $15.48.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Humble Bundle is having a Cities Skylines Bundle.  You can pick up the base game + 1 DLC for $1...and thats just the 1st tier.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)