MERCS: Recon Kickstarter

Started by Barthheart, April 16, 2014, 12:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Anyone going in on this? there's only 48 hrs. left but fer $120 you get 91 miniatures so far.

Really temped... only other minis game I own is Sergeants Miniature Game from Lost Battalion Games.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/mercs-recon

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Barthheart on April 16, 2014, 12:06:31 PM
Anyone going in on this? there's only 48 hrs. left but fer $120 you get 91 miniatures so far.

Really temped... only other minis game I own is Sergeants Miniature Game from Lost Battalion Games.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/mercs-recon

I held off, mainly because their previous Kickstarter (Myth) seems to have been a launch disaster in terms of rules and lots of missing information.

I did go in hard for the new Super Dungeon Explore, though.  ;D

Barthheart

Yeah, I've seen that too which gives me a bit of pause. But there are also now lots of posts saying it was all mush ado about nothing... so who knows.

Barthheart

Well... I`m in fer $120... +$24 to ship to Canada  >:(

So far that gets me 113 minis plus a whole pile of gaming.

Only 9 months to wait......  :P

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Barthheart on April 18, 2014, 07:24:39 AM
Well... I`m in fer $120... +$24 to ship to Canada  >:(

So far that gets me 113 minis plus a whole pile of gaming.

Only 9 months to wait......  :P

Emphasis on this. Now that I've Kickstarted a board game for the first time, this part is killing me.

"Great, I'm getting a whole pile of stuff...in DECEMBER."  :-[ ;D

Barthheart

Yeah the wait is a pain... oh well by the time this campaign closed they had accumulated $800k+ so that means I'm now getting around 143 minis.... that's a lot of painting to do.....

bayonetbrant

I've backed 2 KS campaigns.  One was Race to Adventure, which has been a fun, light filler game for lunches or multi-game nights.  The other is Tiny Epic Kingdoms, which I've backed and I'm getting all the PDFs they've promised so far, so I'm expecting the game to show late summer just like they've planned.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

This is my 3rd KS.
1st was Up Front......  :P
2nd was DVG's Cards of Cthulhu which should be shipping this month.
This is not shipping until Jan. 2015..... :-\

Barthheart

Welp.... finally got the final shipment fer this game on Friday.

I now have about 150 minis to paint...  :buck2: :idiot2:

It's turned out to be a cool game but the pain of getting it has been pretty terrible.... still hasn't kept me from backing other games... :crazy2:
Luckily my product has been trouble free and complete... some others have some bad horror stories though...

Nefaro

So it took an extra 16 months?  :-\

Barthheart

Nefaro

I always expect Kickstarter games to be late.  It's just a question of how long & whether that length is acceptable.

I've only backed a few.  They were all late, although a couple of them arrived only 1-2 months late.   

A high percentage of them end up being a year or more overdue, however.  So I tend to just wait & pre-order on the month they're actually scheduled to come out, once the printing is done.

Think I'm only waiting on one KS boardgame at this point ( the new High Frontier edition).  It's been about an extra year from their original target delivery date & who knows how much longer.  I've seen some people complaining about ones that took 3+ years though.  ???

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm debating on whether or not to order the KS Collector's edition of the War of the Ring from Ares Games.  I'd do it but I'm more worried about damage occurring during shipping from Italy than I am about the game arriving late.

bayonetbrant

Of all the game stuff I've ordered on KS, I've had 3 arrive on time, and 2 arrive w/in a few weeks of their projections. 

I've currently got 3 more out - one is already late by about 4-5 months (was supposed to be NOV 2015), but it's arrived in the US and will be shipping soon, and the other 2 aren't even close to due yet (SEP and NOV)

Of the non-game KS orders I've had, one should arrive any day now, which will put it anywhere from 2-4 weeks late upon arrival (not too bad when fab/shipping coming from China) and the other was about 5 months late with minimal communication from the creator and won't be backing more from them.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 05, 2016, 12:44:26 PM
I'm debating on whether or not to order the KS Collector's edition of the War of the Ring from Ares Games.  I'd do it but I'm more worried about damage occurring during shipping from Italy than I am about the game arriving late.

I've set up the Second Edition twice, IIRC, but never fully got into playing it.  Just due to distractions & time restrictions.