Dominions 3 MP game [Running]

Started by Yskonyn, February 21, 2013, 06:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 13, 2013, 12:39:08 AM
Didn't you end up with loads of unrest after getting all those slaves?  Were you able to contain it to one or two provinces?

That remark just gave me an explanation for why my capitol has so much unrest in the Late Age game: I rescued about 25 blood slaves from pirates sometime in the past game year, and I have no idea what to do with them -- I can't restore them, using them would be super-evil, giving them to someone else would also be super-evil. (My pretender is roughly lawful neutral, so roleplaying him he wouldn't do that.) A recent event involved some rebels freeing a few of them from my castle, which I was perfectly happy about. But I never connected their presence to my 20 unrest. Makes sense now!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

byrdman57

I don't think having the slaves causes unrest. I think the unrest comes from blood hunting.

JasonPratt

Oh. Too bad, because that would explain a lot. (Jomon doesn't blood hunt. Well my character doesn't, the faction can summon some bloodhunty heromonsters.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

undercovergeek

lol - go for Mictlan again Uber, whilst i read up on what to do if 500 red fellas turn up on the doorstep again

Ubercat

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 13, 2013, 12:39:08 AM
Didn't you end up with loads of unrest after getting all those slaves?  Were you able to contain it to one or two provinces?

Gold was only critical to me in the early part of the game. After I had a large Devil force going I took my troop recruitment down to a trickle. I set taxes to zero in my heavy blood hunting provinces. You'd be surprised how many people would sell their kids in exchange for tax exempt status!
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Huw the Poo

Haha!  That's admirably evil!

undercovergeek

byrdman57

You guys should start a new thread for anew game. I'd be interested in hopping in.

Huw the Poo

Cool, Byrdman.  I think Jason's going to start one when he's ready. :)

JasonPratt

I will; not quite ready yet. :) Thread might start today, though.

I'll post a link here when I get to it.

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 14, 2013, 07:51:55 AM
I will; not quite ready yet. :) Thread might start today, though.

I'll post a link here when I get to it.

Small and personal? Or throw it up on desura?

JasonPratt

I'd rather not restrict the size to start with, so I'll open it up to as many players who want in. However, if a large game thus develops and some people would rather have a small Early Age game I'll set up one of those on the side, too.

But first I'll wait to see if the EA game turns out small anyway. :)

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 14, 2013, 08:20:28 AM
I'd rather not restrict the size to start with, so I'll open it up to as many players who want in. However, if a large game thus develops and some people would rather have a small Early Age game I'll set up one of those on the side, too.

But first I'll wait to see if the EA game turns out small anyway. :)

ok, so............... would you like me to post it on Desura? and is it EA?  :P

JasonPratt

Yes, the EA game I've been talking about will be EA.  :P My theory is that we should have at least one game (or a subfamily thereof) of each age going at a time.

Yes, post it on Desura (and Shrapnel and Wargamer and maybe Matrix) once I put it up. Dom3 is a nice evangelical aid for bringing in new members. :)

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 14, 2013, 09:12:40 AM
Yes, the EA game I've been talking about will be EA.  :P My theory is that we should have at least one game (or a subfamily thereof) of each age going at a time.

Yes, post it on Desura (and Shrapnel and Wargamer and maybe Matrix) once I put it up. Dom3 is a nice evangelical aid for bringing in new members. :)

cool - ill await the clarion call from yourself