Main Menu

Uncertain FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, February 21, 2020, 06:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Definitely some DCS checking out the new KA-50 cockpit and practicing in my hornet in anticipation of the upcoming super carrier module. Some more corruption 2029 and perhaps something Battletech...just not sure where the weekend will take me gaming wise.

Everyone enjoy. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Continuing Jedi Fallen Order and I want to begin a Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 campaign.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

BTW I just read up on an upcoming WH40k flying game (not sim) called Dakka Squadron - on phone so can't link. Players take the role of an ork pilot and it looks pretty swell - out later this year.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

I started up Skyrim again, looking to spend something time there.

Oxygen not Included is still high on my playlist

Hopefully some Witcher 3.

Beyond that just whatever time and fancy pushes me.
Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on February 21, 2020, 09:30:04 AM
BTW I just read up on an upcoming WH40k flying game (not sim) called Dakka Squadron - on phone so can't link. Players take the role of an ork pilot and it looks pretty swell - out later this year.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it looks like another garbage waste of the IP.

Who knew Orks flew Mig-15s?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

jamus34

I'm surprised GW hasn't sold out the movie rights to Uwe Boll to make some shit movie of the IP
Insert witty comment here.

Pete Dero

Unity of command 2 and Steel Division 2.

al_infierno

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 21, 2020, 09:44:27 AM
Quote from: Gusington on February 21, 2020, 09:30:04 AM

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it looks like another garbage waste of the IP.

Who knew Orks flew Mig-15s?

The idea sounds potentially cool, but..... yeah, I have to agree.   :(  It looks like a fairly generic arcade flight game with the 40K theme slapped on.

This weekend I'm going to stare forlornly at Panzer Corps 2 installed on my computer while I wait for March 19th.   :dreamer:  Maybe I'll fire up some Warhammer 40K: Armageddon to stave off the cravings for now.

WarPlan has been calling my name again, lately...
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

Hey I'm just the messenger about Dakka Dakka. I thought it looked ok enough, especially considering the alternative WH40k flight games!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Don't worry, we're not shooting the messenger.  We're just shooting the envelope out of your hands and giving you a mean look that suggests not to come around here with another piece of news about a game that it turns out we're not interested in.   >:(
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Father Ted

Well, tonight I shall at first be playing Going to the Pub, a slightly ageing, yet still fun MP game.  Though the base game is free, it's when you start buying the DLC that the real action starts.  However, if I get too much DLC from GttP, I may have to forego my subsequent Friday Flying Circus fun and stick to maybe some Hell Let Loose

MengJiao

Quote from: Father Ted on February 21, 2020, 01:49:50 PM
Well, tonight I shall at first be playing Going to the Pub, a slightly ageing, yet still fun MP game.  Though the base game is free, it's when you start buying the DLC that the real action starts.  However, if I get too much DLC from GttP, I may have to forego my subsequent Friday Flying Circus fun and stick to maybe some Hell Let Loose

Yep...for me, HLL and World of Warships and DCS world.

W8taminute

I might have to drive down to NYC to look at Fordham University with W8taminette ver. 1.0 this weekend.  If there is any time left I'll probably continue my roaring rampage as Russia in Empire: Total War.   
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Quote from: W8taminute on February 21, 2020, 02:44:18 PM
I might have to drive down to NYC to look at Fordham University with W8taminette ver. 1.0 this weekend.  If there is any time left I'll probably continue my roaring rampage as Russia in Empire: Total War.   

Come out to Long Guyland and say hi while you're out this way.  :coolsmiley:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

twitter3

I have been plugging along with my adventure in IceWind Dale 1 and will continue that.