A great project: Medioevo Universalis!!

Started by Quoll, February 01, 2017, 01:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quoll

Hi to all!

I'm here to present you a great project that's under development and will see the light in the late of 2017: MEDIOEVO UNIVERSALIS!!!

As the name suggests, it's a 1000+ components, 500+ miniatures boardgame set in medieval times, where the players (from 3 to 9!) manage all the affairs of the biggest nations of that era (both Christians and Muslims). In order to increase your power, you have to improve your own technology, or trade a great list of goods from place to place (and at different prices!). With diplomacy, you can make pacts and alleances at your very own term (no restrictions!), but sometimes war is the only way to follow.. With your armies, you can move war to other players or to smaller kingdoms, but you have to take into account the threat of the surrounding barbarian tribes! And last, but not least, you will have to face great calamities and unpredictable events, as well as the Pope and the call to a Holy Crusade!

This project is now on a crowdfunding platform, and we have collected enough to produce the game. We are now trying to unlock some more features to make this game legendary!!

These are the last days to obtain the game at a great price! Check the link below and click on the next image that will appear shortly!!

The page is also in english (there are language flags over a red bar), and to partecipate you only have to register!

Checking the page, You will also help me to reach a personal goal in this campaign! :)

Thank you very much!

https://www.giochistarter.it/public/1000074_1.html?supportero=53d15693709dcf0c34d90b244c645902

bayonetbrant

somehow I missed this when it was originally posted - anyone here end up backing it?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Not me.  I don't back kickstarter or kickstarter like projects.

bayonetbrant

I know a lot of people got burned by them, but I've done generally OK with them.

I've backed 9 projects since 2012, plus one other with a friend on his account (you got a discount for buying 2 copies of a game, so I gave him the $14 for my copy on his account).

2 were non-game projects.

1 was 2 months late, with limited communication from the creator, and a little frustrating.

1 was about 4 months late, but with an over-abundance of communication from the creators that detailed virtually every step of the process so you knew what was late (hardware mfg in China) and what they were doing in the meantime (continuing to improve software).

Of the 7 game projects:

- Race to Adventure: The Spirit of the Century Exploration Game was promised 12/12 and arrived 5/13
- Tiny Epic Kingdoms was promised 9/14 and arrived 10/14
- Historia was promised 11/14 and arrived 12/14
- Mare Nostrum: Empires was promised 11/15 and I picked it up from them at Origins 6/16. I suspect if I'd had them mail it, I would've gotten it 5/16, but I was going to be at Origins anyway, so I just brought it home as though it was part of my overall convention loot
- My Bullseye d6 Damage Dice were promised 1/16 and arrived 2/16
- Explorers of the North Sea was promised 11/16 and arrived 8/16 (yes, that far ahead of schedule)
- Villages of Valeria was promised 9/16 and arrived 12/16

So 3 of 7 over 3 months late
3 of 7 delivered within a month of when they were promised
1 of 7 was months (yes, plural) early

All of them were delivered, and all of them were delivered as advertised except for one set of counters that came late for Mare Nostrum Empires.

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Arctic Blast

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 24, 2017, 02:18:14 PM
somehow I missed this when it was originally posted - anyone here end up backing it?

Nope. To be honest, the deeper I delved into the project the more likely it began to look like an impending train wreck.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

Bison

Toonces

Sweet baby peas is that a beautiful looking game!

All those miniatures!   :smitten:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

It's fucking tempting some days to just shut down the entire fucking front page and point all y'all to Rick Astley videos

Bison

Who is Rick Astley, some mythical reviewer? 

Bison

bayonetbrant

Better yet, one of these days I will shut down the forums and redirect them to the front page