The Batshit Crazy & Entertaining Movie Thread!

Started by airboy, March 11, 2020, 01:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

My wife and I have been watching weird movies (usually bad) that become home Mystery Science Theater 3000 fests.

I'll start by mentioning The VelociPastor which was on an earlier thread.  The trailer can be found at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nyb0GqAjKM

airboy

I strongly recommend Idle Hands.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcVrp--9UUc

Anton Tobias is a lazy, video game playing, weed smoking high school slacker.  Unfortunately, an evil hand gets attached to his body that he cannot control.  The evil hand kills people.  His two slacker buddies (Seth Green of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Weird Al Yankovick Videos and Robot Chicken Fame) and the actor who ended up playing Foggy Nelson in the Netflix Daredevil series are the first to die.  They become druggie zombies.

This is the first appearance of Jessica Alba that I know of.  She is young and very, very hot.

The Offspring provide the soundtrack and play for the High School Dance.

My favorite scene is when the cowardly druggie pushes his unwilling large dog in front of him to explore a scary room - than and seeking advice on Satanism from the High School Metalheads.

This is actually a pretty well done movie with good special effects and a completely nutty premise.

JasonPratt

Man, Jessica Alba, poster child for a career that somehow bombed completely. Wonder what happened. {checking}

Oh, she retired to be a happy Mom and start a business now valued nearly two billion dollars!

Never mind. Good for her!  8)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jamus34

Idle hands was pretty good.

I have certain movies that I like to call Good/Bad

It's a bad movie but fuckit I enjoy it.

Some of these include the following

Hudson Hawk
They Live
Maximum Overdrive
Running Man
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Tremors

Sure I'm missing more
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

They Live and Running Man are Good/Bad classics. I would dare to add Escape from New York to that list.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DoctorQuest

+1 on "Escape From New York".

"They said you were dead."
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

So is Big Trouble in Little China!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXsBBqPb5YE

"Are you ready Jack?  I was born ready!"
"It is all in the reflexes."

Martok

Quote from: jamus34 on March 12, 2020, 01:30:03 PM
Idle hands was pretty good.

I have certain movies that I like to call Good/Bad

It's a bad movie but fuckit I enjoy it.

Some of these include the following

Hudson Hawk
They Live
Maximum Overdrive
Running Man
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Tremors

Sure I'm missing more
Nice list!  I consider both Hudson Hawk and Tremors to be classics, in a "so dumb/bonkers they're great" sort of way. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MetalDog

Idle Hands was one of the first movies she was legal in.  I loved her in Dark Angel.  Hated her as Sue Storm.  But that movie was just bad all around.  And not Good/Bad.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004695/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

jamus34

airboy

Quote from: MetalDog on March 12, 2020, 07:35:29 PM
Idle Hands was one of the first movies she was legal in.  I loved her in Dark Angel.  Hated her as Sue Storm.  But that movie was just bad all around.  And not Good/Bad.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004695/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

We love snippets of both Fantastic 4 movies.  They got the practical jokes and bickering between Johnny Storm (Chris Evans) and Ben Grim down pat - and those scenes were wonderful.  The rest of the movie, not so much. 

Jessica Alba looks much better as a brunette than a blonde.

Gusington

Doctor Quest mentioned Deadpool in another thread but I think the Deadpool movies are too good to qualify here.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on March 13, 2020, 12:36:55 PM
Doctor Quest mentioned Deadpool in another thread but I think the Deadpool movies are too good to qualify here.

Agreed. Too good and too high budget.

Super would be a good modern good/bad movie.