A Russian 2014\15 TV drama series about yak3 pilots.

Started by Destraex, April 19, 2020, 04:02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Do you have TUBI? - which is a free TV app downloadable on my TV. It's supposed to have adds to pay for it but I am yet to see any.
Watching attackers the last flight on it. A Russian 2014\15 TV series about yak3 pilots. It's rare to get TV shows about fighter jocks so I thought it was worth mentioning here for the Grogs.
I like quirky foreign films at the moment because you get a really unique perspective, albeit with a good dose of propaganda, you get subject matter that is not really covered by western movies. I also liked Stalins Tanks on Tubi, which was a drama film about the two prototype T-34 tanks.
https://tubitv.com/series/4396/attackers_the_last_flight

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

JasonPratt

Interesting!

There are two such series apparently (or maybe two seasons), one called "The Attackers" in English and the other being "Attackers: the Last Flight".

Both are included currently in Amazon Prime, too!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Destraex

Interesting indeed. Perhaps two different cuts. One for a Russian audience and one less political one for english audiences?

Staggerwing

The paint job on that 109 is wrong for the Russian Front. It looks to be one of the 'Abbeville Boys' who were stationed in (you guessed it) Abbeville, France, in 1940. That triangle-chevron rank-designation thing on the fuselage doesn't look right either.

Also, It should probably be a 109F, not 109E, as the F had mostly replaced the E in front line service by early 1941.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Destraex

Yes. So maybe it's not perfectly accurate. That's interesting. However we did have spanish BF109s for the movie BOB. So I will not complain because at least it's something to enjoy that seems focused on the air war.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Destraex on April 20, 2020, 10:31:59 PM
Interesting indeed. Perhaps two different cuts. One for a Russian audience and one less political one for english audiences?

According to the descriptions, the first one starts the characters out of pilot school, and the second one starts with them being veterans already.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 21, 2020, 08:59:21 AM
Is Putin in it?  ???

He plays the hard-assed but lovable captain who, in the grand finale, goes out himself in a Yak, despite being crippled, to drink the feared ace "Chiggy" von Reichtofen's blood like it's whiskey.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 21, 2020, 07:30:39 AM
The paint job on that 109 is wrong for the Russian Front. It looks to be one of the 'Abbeville Boys' who were stationed in (you guessed it) Abbeville, France, in 1940. That triangle-chevron rank-designation thing on the fuselage doesn't look right either.

Also, It should probably be a 109F, not 109E, as the F had mostly replaced the E in front line service by early 1941.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: Barthheart on April 21, 2020, 02:03:56 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on April 21, 2020, 07:30:39 AM

At your service!  O0
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Destraex

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 21, 2020, 08:45:31 AM
Quote from: Destraex on April 20, 2020, 10:31:59 PM

According to the descriptions, the first one starts the characters out of pilot school, and the second one starts with them being veterans already.

Understood.