Graviteam Tactics Op Star

Started by AndyBrown, June 27, 2020, 05:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyBrown

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of splashing out for the Graviteam Tactics Operation Star bundle which is currently just over 50% off on Steam but that still represents a significant slice of the gaming budget.

I was wondering if anyone has ever seen it cheaper and whether or not I might get an even better deal if I held off this time round.

I'd also be interested in any brief (half dozen or so words) reviews.  I'm into tactical games, especially ones with realistic looking battlescapes, but you know the story: "So many games ... ".

Thanks,
Andy Brown

Gusington

I have not seen it for less than that sale price of 14.99...IIRC I got it for the same price.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I have it, but I haven't spent much time playing it.

From what I have heard, it's a very good game, but the UI requires some getting used to.  It's not a necessarily intuitive UI to pick up.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

-budd-

Op Star is the old version so to speak. Mius Front and Tank Warfare are the newer versions. Op Star is no longer being worked on but it is perfectly playable, but the UI is different from the newer games. Mius Front has a lot of the same content, Tank Warfare is the Western Front module.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/312980/Graviteam_Tactics_MiusFront/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/549080/Tank_Warfare_Tunisia_1943/
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

UI is definitely a little difficult to get used to as Toonces says above.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

$3.30 has been the lowest rice offered according to the link I posted above.

AndyBrown

Thanks Guys, and especially you Robot for a page I'd never even think to look for.  I have played Achtung Panzer back in the day so I've got some idea of what's in store wrt the UI.  I think I'll probably leave it for the time being however, purely to avoid adding to the clutter of unplayed games I already have.