John Tiller Games Sale

Started by Rayfer, June 14, 2020, 04:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I just saw a post on Facebook that Tiller is having a Summer sale starting 7/1/20.  All but the five most recent releases on sale for $29.95. https://mailchi.mp/johntillersoftware/2020sale?e=005fdf8556&fbclid=IwAR2szBJvrbreqv4u068tF6rpl6uYrfQc5MQ9joa3Axx-K_Q493DOWcauQZM

MengJiao

Quote from: Rayfer on June 14, 2020, 04:24:17 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I just saw a post on Facebook that Tiller is having a Summer sale starting 7/1/20.  All but the five most recent releases on sale for $29.95. https://mailchi.mp/johntillersoftware/2020sale?e=005fdf8556&fbclid=IwAR2szBJvrbreqv4u068tF6rpl6uYrfQc5MQ9joa3Axx-K_Q493DOWcauQZM

Very Tempting!

DoctorQuest

It also looks like he is placing a deadline on migrating your HPS/Tiller games over to JTS support. June 30, 2020.

I can't say I blame him.

I really need to do that......................
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

JasonPratt

"Games Tiller Sale John": I understand what those words mean separately, but I can't figure out how to put them together in a recognizable way. That didn't work either.

:coolsmiley:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MengJiao

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 14, 2020, 08:22:09 PM
"Games Tiller Sale John": I understand what those words mean separately, but I can't figure out how to put them together in a recognizable way. That didn't work either.

:coolsmiley:

I got the Renaissance for next to nothing.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: DoctorQuest on June 14, 2020, 05:46:23 PM
It also looks like he is placing a deadline on migrating your HPS/Tiller games over to JTS support. June 30, 2020.

I can't say I blame him.

I have about 10 games squirreled away somewhere. For years after my computers no longer had CD drives, I still had the disks within easy reach...  now, three house moves later, I have no idea where they are... :(  I'll take one more trawl through old boxes this weekend...but I am not hopeful...
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: ArizonaTank on June 15, 2020, 10:42:25 AM
Quote from: DoctorQuest on June 14, 2020, 05:46:23 PM

I can't say I blame him.

I have about 10 games squirreled away somewhere. For years after my computers no longer had CD drives, I still had the disks within easy reach...  now, three house moves later, I have no idea where they are... :(  I'll take one more trawl through old boxes this weekend...but I am not hopeful...

I did this dance a few weeks ago and think I found most of them. Had the codes and digital access a few hours later.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

steve58

From the JTS support page:

Proof of purchase is required and can either be through us searching the database for the original sales or through a picture of the original cd(s).

All I've got are 8 original CDs+cases acquired over the years from various sources.  Anyone submitted pics of the original CDs?  Just looking at that form on his Support page, not sure it would support pic uploads.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: steve58 on June 15, 2020, 11:17:23 AM
From the JTS support page:

Proof of purchase is required and can either be through us searching the database for the original sales or through a picture of the original cd(s).

All I've got are 8 original CDs+cases acquired over the years from various sources.  Anyone submitted pics of the original CDs?  Just looking at that form on his Support page, not sure it would support pic uploads.

Yes. That is what I did. I sent pics of the CD jewel cases.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

steve58

^Through that form on their Support page?
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 15, 2020, 10:56:54 AM
I did this dance a few weeks ago and think I found most of them. Had the codes and digital access a few hours later.

I did have three games I could find...I just sent an email to the support email address with a picture of my disks...  Rich Hamilton responded within a day.

But as I said, I know I have at least 10 more....just have to find them...
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

I think all my HPS games are together in a CD case stack somewhere, in a drawer.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

nelmsm

Quote from: ArizonaTank on June 15, 2020, 11:48:37 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 15, 2020, 10:56:54 AM

I did have three games I could find...I just sent an email to the support email address with a picture of my disks...  Rich Hamilton responded within a day.

But as I said, I know I have at least 10 more....just have to find them...

I'd let Rich know what you have missing yet because if you bought them from HPS he can look it up in the database without the pictures.  He usually only needs the pictures if you aren't in that database.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Alright, I gotta get on this transition thing.  Thanks for the head's up.  I have Campaign Gettysburg and Midway sitting around unplayed because I don't have a disk drive on my lappy anymore.  I gotta get those done digitally.

I was looking at Jutland.  How's that?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs