John Tiller Games Sale

Started by Rayfer, June 14, 2020, 04:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: berto on June 20, 2020, 07:44:23 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 20, 2020, 06:23:42 PM
Quote from: smittyohio on June 20, 2020, 05:54:00 PM
What's the best JTS Civil War game ...
... the latest (and last) module of Campaign Shenandoah ...

:-"

sounds like your implying it now won't be the last:)

berto

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

Philippe

The one regret that I've had about Campaign Shenandoah is the really small map used in the Fort Stephens scenario.  I lived a bit to the west of it when I was growing up, and there were marked and unmarked civil war fortifications not far from my house.  I recently came across a civil war era map of the fortifications of Washington D.C. and after figuring out where I used to live, I finally understood why there were these strange embankments in the woods that I used to walk around in (fortified gun emplacements detached from the main fort).
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Philippe on June 21, 2020, 02:42:35 PM
The one regret that I've had about Campaign Shenandoah is the really small map used in the Fort Stephens scenario.  I lived a bit to the west of it when I was growing up, and there were marked and unmarked civil war fortifications not far from my house.  I recently came across a civil war era map of the fortifications of Washington D.C. and after figuring out where I used to live, I finally understood why there were these strange embankments in the woods that I used to walk around in (fortified gun emplacements detached from the main fort).

I agree, a better depiction of Ft. Stephens would be great.

Just for fun, here is the Google street view of Ft. Stephens:

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.9637717,-77.0289802,3a,42.1y,342.2h,97.56t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s643Q6I2tg3wYOYjkRbzmAw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

steve58

Quote from: steve58 on June 15, 2020, 11:17:23 AM
From the JTS support page:

Proof of purchase is required and can either be through us searching the database for the original sales or through a picture of the original cd(s).

All I've got are 8 original CDs+cases acquired over the years from various sources.  Anyone submitted pics of the original CDs?  Just looking at that form on his Support page, not sure it would support pic uploads.

Bumping to just say Thanks to Rich at JTS.  He fixed me up....even responding on a weekend!  Thanks Rich!  :hug:  O0
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

devoncop

For any JTS afficionado's out there Wargame Design Studios who are involved in updating the presentation of the games has just released a big update on the soon to be released "Scheldt 44". Frankly it looks really impressive and incredibly well researched and includes an absolutely huge Market-Garden scenario much expanded from the JTS Pander Campaign Market Garden version.

:notworthy:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

DoctorQuest

Quote from: steve58 on June 21, 2020, 04:12:46 PM

Proof of purchase is required and can either be through us searching the database for the original sales or through a picture of the original cd(s).

All I've got are 8 original CDs+cases acquired over the years from various sources.  Anyone submitted pics of the original CDs?  Just looking at that form on his Support page, not sure it would support pic uploads.

Bumping to just say Thanks to Rich at JTS.  He fixed me up....even responding on a weekend!  Thanks Rich!  :hug:  O0

Agreed!! +100
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

RedArgo

I agree, from the time I sent my first e-mail until I had my new copy of Midway was maybe two hours.  Great service.

stolypin

Quote from: RedArgo on June 22, 2020, 10:32:08 AM

I agree, from the time I sent my first e-mail until I had my new copy of Midway was maybe two hours.  Great service.

Ditto.  Had an installation issue with one of the Gold Panzer Campaigns updates.  Had a response / fix from Rich within a half hour (even though it was Saturday).

Strela

Quote from: devoncop on June 22, 2020, 05:29:15 AM
For any JTS afficionado's out there Wargame Design Studios who are involved in updating the presentation of the games has just released a big update on the soon to be released "Scheldt 44". Frankly it looks really impressive and incredibly well researched and includes an absolutely huge Market-Garden scenario much expanded from the JTS Pander Campaign Market Garden version.

Thanks for the mention Devoncop!!  :)

We are really excited about Scheldt '44. As you mention the research behind it is very exacting and we expect it to be a bit of a revelation in terms of game play. Adding our take on Market-Garden is just an added bonus!

Hopefully, you all won't have to wait too long before being able to play it!!!

David

devoncop

Quote from: Strela on June 23, 2020, 01:52:23 AM
Quote from: devoncop on June 22, 2020, 05:29:15 AM

Thanks for the mention Devoncop!!  :)

We are really excited about Scheldt '44. As you mention the research behind it is very exacting and we expect it to be a bit of a revelation in terms of game play. Adding our take on Market-Garden is just an added bonus!

Hopefully, you all won't have to wait too long before being able to play it!!!

David

My pleasure David.

Kudos to how you are reinvigorating the system.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

ArizonaTank

My only hope is that I still have money left for JTS after the Steam Summer Sale.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.