Main Menu

Recent posts

GameTalk / Re: The Art of Conflict 5.0
Last post by Jarhead0331 - December 05, 2019, 05:06:17 PM
^Dude, are you serious?

Lighten up.

We are happy to host all of you here and would love for you to integrate into our well-established and tight knit community, but you can't be so sensitive over a couple of comments that were clearly said in jest.

If you have any real issue with a post please feel free to report it, or PM me directly. Additionally, if there is anything you feel your group needs to make your experience here more productive, again, just reach out directly.
Last post by DD696 - December 05, 2019, 04:15:16 PM
Seems like we are getting spammed here already!

I thank the two of you. You are really most unhelpful.

Somehow I had the idea that this was a forum for those serious about wargaming.

Looks like we have wandered into another Kiddie World.
Last post by Gusington - December 05, 2019, 03:29:54 PM
The only way to win is not to play.
Last post by W8taminute - December 05, 2019, 03:13:33 PM
What is this vortex I've been sucked into and how do I escape without resorting to thermo nuclear war?
Last post by DD696 - December 05, 2019, 02:13:44 PM
Larry has stated in the Matrix forum that he would like to see this proceed as an open source project, but all of this is not even in the planning stage yet. More like in the "let's see if we can find enough interest and support to start planning" stage.
Last post by tomlowshang - December 05, 2019, 01:24:56 PM
Will this be an free/libre open source project? Does everyone understand those terms or does it require further explanation?
Last post by tomlowshang - December 05, 2019, 01:13:34 PM
Quote from: 76mm on December 04, 2019, 09:28:51 PM
Quote from: tomlowshang on December 04, 2019, 08:18:47 PM
I'm going register a nay for XML. While it is plain text, the mark up makes it hard to read and edit by hand, which will be necessary until an editor exists. JSON or YAML are better choices from a manual editing stand point.
I can't say that I'm familiar with JSON or YAML, but looking at the examples in the Wiki links, I didn't really find them any easier to read than XML.  One advantage of XML is that it is easy to manipulate programatically, which will facilitate creation of an editor, which should be the main (but not sole) means of editing files.  How do JSON and YAML compare in this regard?
It's just as easy in the worst case. In the best case, if the language has dictionary/hashmap and variant array types, JSON/YAML objects and arrays correspond to the those two types so data manipulation is very natural. JSON also loads faster than XML due to simpler mark up and more limited structure. YAML actually loads slower than JSON due to lack of mark up. XMLs main benefit is flexibility but that comes with some overhead.
Last post by DD696 - December 05, 2019, 01:01:37 PM
All right! Looks like you have the reins firmly in hand. Now to start herding 'dos cats.
Last post by PopeFrancis - December 05, 2019, 12:57:42 PM
Quote from: DD696 on December 05, 2019, 12:48:18 PM
Are you having any luck finding takers?
You bet'cha.

Looks like a couple have checked in.
I've gotten some PM's as well.

Have you tried the PM route on Matrix to people you would have confidence in or those saying I'm interested?
Funny you should ask....I just now got through sending out emails to the people who posted on our thread and I'm awaiting replies as we speak.
Last post by DD696 - December 05, 2019, 12:48:18 PM
Are you having any luck finding takers? Look like a couple have checked in? Have you tried the PM route on Matrix to people you would have confidence in or those saying I'm interested?