Ships!

Started by mirth, April 28, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

That's very cool, mirthie. Nice find.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

USS Randolph (CVA-15) in rough seas

mirth

mirth

QuoteThe destroyer USS Peterson (DD-969) near a Soviet Moma Class survey ship ССВ-506 Находка and the disabled Victor III class submarine K-324. On 15 Oct 1983, K-324 was disabled after snagging the USS McCloy's towed sonar array cable.

besilarius

https://www.facebook.com/Shipwreckhunter/videos/1321910437824467/?fref=nf

16th century swedish ship Mars is explored.  Looks like a movie scene.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"With your eyes closed?"

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

mirth

5th Battle Squadron

mirth

QuoteUSS Constitution and Curtiss OC Observation Aircraft. Photographed during her 1931-34 cruise.

mirth

Russian Kilo in drydock

mirth

mirth

besilarius

Great find, Mirth.  Never have seen that one before.

"With your eyes closed?"

besilarius

USS Barry leaving the Washington Navy Yard today.

"With your eyes closed?"