Imperiums: Greek Wars (successor to Aggressors) (historical pun intended)

Started by JasonPratt, August 01, 2020, 11:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Saw that. Am..... kind of unsure what to think of it. Will be cautiously optimistic.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

al_infierno

A Trojan War campaign seems like the next logical step for the direction they're taking, especially since the map focus is already right.  I'm optimistic, especially if it's free.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Grim.Reaper

Dumb question...where do you find info about Troy being the next update?  Didn't see it on steam or their official page.

Anguille

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 24, 2020, 03:50:24 PM
Dumb question...where do you find info about Troy being the next update?  Didn't see it on steam or their official page.
It's on the steam page under announcements.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Anguille on August 24, 2020, 04:02:23 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 24, 2020, 03:50:24 PM
It's on the steam page under announcements.

Thank you

CJReich46

Quote from: al_infierno on August 24, 2020, 03:49:13 PM
A Trojan War campaign seems like the next logical step for the direction they're taking, especially since the map focus is already right.  I'm optimistic, especially if it's free.

:o Troy and FREE!!!  :D
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

uncajerf

Quote from: CJReich46 on August 24, 2020, 05:46:03 PM
Quote from: al_infierno on August 24, 2020, 03:49:13 PM

:o Troy and FREE!!!  :D

Check out a limited time (up to) 30% discount from the dev website!

http://imperiumsgame.com/purchase/

Cheers! :)

JRR

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

I am confused...regular on steam is $29.99.  This special is for 30% off the price, but cost on that site is still $25.  Doesn't seem like that is accurate?

Bardolph

Pavel explained elsewhere that the discount rate varied by country due to Steam or some such restrictions. I think he said the effective price for US customers would be about $25.

Grim.Reaper

uncajerf

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 11, 2020, 08:59:36 AM
Gotcha..... $4 savings not enough to temp me yet.....

Heya!

Just curious: At what point would u be tempted? ;)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: uncajerf on October 13, 2020, 05:45:06 PM

Heya!

Much lower......saving $4 would never make me wait this long for buying a game, if I really wanted it, would have bought for full price right away.  To be seriously tempted, likely would need to be under $20 (and that is not a guarantee) as an impulse buy, this is just me personally as I usually struggle with liking and sticking with these type of games long,

uncajerf

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 14, 2020, 04:27:03 AM
Quote from: uncajerf on October 13, 2020, 05:45:06 PM

Heya!

Much lower......saving $4 would never make me wait this long for buying a game, if I really wanted it, would have bought for full price right away.  To be seriously tempted, likely would need to be under $20 (and that is not a guarantee) as an impulse buy, this is just me personally as I usually struggle with liking and sticking with these type of games long,

Ah... gotcha!

Thanx! :)

JRR